Mobile apps to connect to OMV

• I am looking for a good app to connect to the shared folders in OMV to rename, edit, move, etc files from my android. I am comming from Synology and they have an out of the box solution called DSfile wich is using WEBdav protocol. Which apps are usuable to do this with OMV? I assume the best protocol for this is FTP?

• Hi,

If you are working/connected to the same lan that OMV a normal "File Explorer" present on android should do the job, I'm using an Asus TF201 and I can access my shared folders on my OMV samba shares with the android File Explorer version or use File Expert (https://play.google.com/store/…etails?id=xcxin.filexpert)

• If you use ownCloud, there is an Android client which is quite good.

Other than than I suggest ES Explorer, which is a file explorer that handles just about any protocol, including CIFS, FTP, SFTP, WebDav...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the only option will be then ftp?

You can access local resources remotely with openvpn-connect is available iOS and Android for free. Then you can connect to SMB shares or FTP without opening insecure ports in the router.

For ssh I use iSSH, which to the day I still regret the price I've paid and the lack of updates for the app. I believe prompt2 is a better option (price compared ~10 dollars each app) and much more maintained and better designed

• Thanks for your replyes. I tried a samba app on my android. But it seems when i move a file from Folder A to folder B on OMV it transfers trough my phone? Not very handy when i move a 2gb file on 4g. It goes with incredible low speed.

• Thanks for your reply.
    Not really for mobile devices but yesterday i found the Firefox addon FireFTP. It is not only a FTP but also a fire explorer. It does what i want, when i transfer a file it transfers only at the server side. Hopefully i found some thing simualar for mobile devices.

I use it quit often to rename usenet releases to there original file name and move them to the library when there are not automaticly are picked up by Sickbeard.

• I use it quit often to rename usenet releases to there original file name and move them to the library when there are not automaticly are picked up by Sickbeard.

Have a look at filebot. Does exactly what you need. http://www.filebot.net/

Zitat

FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and
    renaming your movies, tv shows or anime, and music well as downloading
    subtitles and artwork. It's smart and just works.

There are multiple examples in the forum on how to use it. In Example, my Script:

https://github.com/davidh2k/mo…er/moveenglishepisode_old

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• sorry to dig: was this somehow resolved?

i am looking to something similar for an (sort of) underpowered openmediavault and I would like not to install nextcloud...

I used in the past Total Commander for android which has an SFTP extension and I think it would be a good match...

I think also if we contact the developer he could adapt it or build something specific for openmediavault....

would this function?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!