How to install the vdr-plugin-restfulapi needed between Plex and VDR

• Hi guys,

i bought a NAS system 4 days ago. I installed omv and i am really happy with this system. Today i found a old tv tuner so i decided to install the vdr plugin via omv-extras. Now i can watch tv with a player like vlc.
    I also found an plugin for plex wich enables a vdr client.
    The plugin i found in this post: here
    The plugin page on Git: here

After installing the plugin in the plex plugin folder i am able to configrue the plugin via the plex web-gui.
    To run the plugin i need a vdr-plugin called restfulapi.

The vdr-plugin-restfulapi can be found here

Okay the plex-plugin communicate via REST but this plugin is not available in the apt repository.
    After a while, searching in the web i found no installation guide for omv. Ofcourse i tried some others but with no success. My experience is to bad to get this plugin run.
    Is someone here who could help me? Is it possible to add this plugin to omv-extras? Is a guide available for that?

i installed omv 1.0.20. Some Information i forgot?

Thanks in advance!
    joe

• Oh here is a try of an installation:

File: https://github.com/Saman-VDR/v…pi/archive/stable-0.4.zip

i followed the instruction in the INSTALL file here

unzip and tried the following command: dpkg-buildpackage -tc -us -uc

i got this:

sorry it's a german installation ;)

• Hello,

today i tried it again to get a working vdr installation for emby and i had success!

I used for the beginning a usb dvb-t dongl. The VDR installation is inside a docker container. So it is excluded from omv. I passed the usb device to the container. I gues it is also possible with a pci dvb card.

The steps i did:

#1 install docker via omv-extras

#2 download the git repository to your omv: https://github.com/mikelh/docker-containers

#3 copy your channels.conf to the downloaded directory /vdr-headless/var/lib/vdr/

#4 create a container from this image: mikelh/docker-containers-vdr-headless
    map the two folders to the downloaded files vdr-headless

Code
    docker run -d --name "vdr" -v /media/c7b0f431....d30a73f18c/vdr/vdr-headless/etc/vdr/:/etc/vdr -v /media/c7b0f431....d30a73f18c/vdr/vdr-headless/var/lib/vdr/:/var/lib/vdr --device=/dev/dvb/ --restart always -p 3000:3000 -p 8002:8002 mikelh/docker-containers-vdr-headless

Thats it, the server is available. Install the VDR-Plugin for Emby and it schould work!

Hope this helps someone ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!