How to Setup Subfolders using Web GUI?

• I'm trying to setup shared subfolders using the web gui, however, once I access them from the network they show up on the same level with the owner, e.g. /data/documents/ shows as two separate folders, data and documents. I'm sure this is something relatively simple but, it's eluding me at the moment.

Any kind of step-by-step would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

• I'm not sure what you're expecting to get? Maybe describe a little bit more what you try to achieve.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Trying to set up a hierarchie where there is a high level folder/directory, e.g. 'userdata', with other folders subordinate to it. Something like /userdata/documents, /userdata/pics, etc. When ovmnas is accessed from pc only the 'userdata' folder will be seen. Then, when clicked on, 'documents' & 'pics' folders will be seen.

• Then don't share those subfolders with SMB/CIFS. But I wouldn't even create them via the WebGUI, but just via Windows Explorer instead.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!