8.1 not displaying NAS

• Hi Guys-

Like this software- super simple

BUT..... couple of things, cannot find answers for in search.

2 things:

1. Why does the NAS display and fully work but inconsistently in windows 8.1? (some of my pc's do, some don't same configs)

2.How do I make transfers faster? Currently at SMB of 11mb (but full cat5e environment vanilla setup/router) (dell 780 stock for the NAS)

things I did:
    have experience with juniper routers, pbx'es, cisco switches etc.
    mounted the OMV NAS drive
    all permissions and even played around w. guest just in case.
    user/pw is same as windows box (yes no caps or funny @*%#(@)
    ftp works for all pc's.
    rebooted, set permissions in gui and shares alc, etc. and deleted everything and tried several times.
    redid non working pc's workgroup sharing- deleted, changed PC name, workgroup, back and forth.

I know its like a little thing what am I missing?

• Two weeks ago I've set up my home box with 1.0.20 from scratch (Been using 0.5 before for a long time) and discovered that the OMV box was not found in the network environment on my W8.1 PC. The culprit was how I named the workgroup under SMB/CIFS, I used uppercase letters like the workgroup was named in the computer's config.
    Remembering a trial to include a OMV box into a windows AD some time ago where upper and lower cases matters I changed the workgroup name under SMB/CIFS to lowercase letters and voila, the box appears.

And for the network speed, CAT5e only indentifies the cabling, but not the capability of the network hardware, the switches you are using. Are they all on gigabit speed? A stable transfer speed of about 11mb/s is typically for a 100mbit connection.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Its a weird windows firewall issue- I can browse and see all other pc's on the workgroup.

will post on my fix, so if anyone else has this problem they can save their hair.

• Got it.

the old jiggle the switch trick.

Use windows firewall control as a neat front end software (like little snitch for mac) and had some interference with it- so uninstalled with revo rebooted, took stock windows firewall back to defaults, rebooted, reinstalled windows firewall control and set it up normally- works perfect.

donating to this great project. thanks guys.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!