iSCSI with SnapRAID and aufs pooling

• I have installed OMV 1.1 (Linux 3.2.0 kernel) together with SnapRAID and Aufs. Pooled my two content discs together as per guide on this forum. The whole thing seems to work great.
    I exported the poolshare as NFS. My LDAP/application server (both OMV and LDAP/application server are VM's) is mounting the NFS export fine.

I was good to go and wanted to replace my current system with this new setup until... I found out about the iSCSI-target plugin. I installed it (had some hickups with headers missing but fixed that) and now I want to make a LUN out of the poolshare and feed it to my LDAP/app server. When I add a new LUN the device list is empty. See attached.

Is it possible to iSCSI a pooled SnapRAID storage?

• Offizieller Beitrag

aufs shares the pool via shared folders. iscsi doesn't use shared folders (from what I remember). If you use just the drive with the aufs pool, maybe you could??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm allright with having to format my pool again. In my setup the LDAP machine should do that. But how to enable the device with SnapRAID/aufs layer on top (or in between)?

OMV 1.5 (Kralizec) VM on ESXi | HP Microserver | Snapraid

• Offizieller Beitrag

If that wasn't an option, you can't do it with the current plugins. Why not use continue using nfs?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!