HDD Spindown in RAID 1 Setup

• Hi,

i has a SSD Drive for OMV System and most of the Data who are frequently used (Owncloud, Mail usw.). For the Mass Data like Videos and Music and the Shares for the Family Users i have a RAID 1 drive with 2 2TB SATA HDDS. Both are in OMV configured for Spindown after 30 Minutes. But very often only one spins down and the other runs all the day. When i set the drive manualy to sleep, staed sleeped until it wake up when a share is used, similar to the other drive.

Does anyone knows why not both drives go at the same time to sleep? Is this RAID 1 specific? But why does the second drive stay in sleep when it set to sleep with hdparm?
    Somtimes the go in the night at the same timme to sleep mode but in the morning one drive wakes up an run the whole day.

Drive 1 Seagte

Drive 2 WD Red

Filesystem Map

Sleep Diagramm of one Day

Jochen

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• Nobody any hint?

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!