MediaBrowser plugin Version 1.0.11 (openmediavault-mediabrowser)

• For people that have an old version installed remove it with these commands before installing new version:

***You don't need to do these 3 commands if you have version 1.0.8 or higher. You can upgrade via dpkg -i packagename but you will need to do a "apt-get -f install" afterwards. I recommend instructions below via the update manager.***
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mediabrowser
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get clean

1) make sure your OMV has latest updates installed.
    2) you need to enable the "mono" repo in OMV Extras
    3) then download and unzip attached file attached to this post
    4) then load via the update manager
    5) install via the plugins section

*** Do not setup a share on first time setup. Do it post setup and then you will have the tree for your local folders. ***

*** If you are using OMV's firewall ports TCP 8096 and TCP 8945 need to be opened. For remote use only 8096 needs to be forwarded from your router but I don't recommend as it is not HTTPS. ***

Make sure to like Sergio if you like it.... :thumbup:

And remember... Do or do not. There is no try!

• Hallo!

In meinem Fall "hängt" die Installation des Pakets openmediavault-mediabrowser 1.0.5 irgendwie.

Da ich die Installation von der Konsole bevorzuge kann ich den kompletten Installationsverlauf dokumentieren (hier ein Auszug, das komplette Log im Anhang):

Mit bleibt nichts anderes übrig als den Installationsprozess zu killen.

Frage:
    Welche Verzeichnisse möchte der Installer hier anlegen?

THX

• Ich hatte das selbe Problem.

mit folgendem Weg konnte ich es lösen

- Install the omv-extras plugin
    - In the secondary tab, activate the mono repository
    und alle Mono sachen aktualisiert

danach hab ich über Putty folgendes eingegeben

Code
    apt-get install openmediavault-mediabrowser

und siehe da

Leider kann der Media Browser kein HTTPS

• It takes a while for the /ffmpeg folder to download. You should not abort the installation when you see the "still waiting". There is a loop with a delay until the needed files have been downloaded.

I put in a firewall rule so it can only be used on my LAN. I think it is a nice alternative to MiniDLNA, as it adds more functionality. The only thing I used MiniDLNA was to serve music. I use Window Media Player a lot on my PCs.

Yes, you need the mono repo.

• Hi!

I have now uploaded version 1.0.6 and managed to overcome the issue with incomplete installation.

Afterwards I uninstalled openmediavault-mediabrowser completely and restarted installation AFTER all updates (from mono repository)
    have been installed.

Installation of openmediavault-mediabrowser then finished without errors.

THX

• The installation of mediabrowser went through and now it hangs while scanning at 53% for more than 12 hours. There's a lot to scan, more than 250.000 objects. Where can I check if the process is still active?

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• The installation of mediabrowser went through and now it hangs while scanning at 53% for more than 12 hours. There's a lot to scan, more than 250.000 objects. Where can I check if the process is still active?

Mediabrowser does that its a problem on there software just restart it and it will continue scanning from where it left of and it will continue

• Did a clean install again and tried it, its been hanging on waiting for folder to be created for about 6 hours now and there is no activity on the network interface. Not sure if the ffmpeg source is down.

Tried uninstalling it but cant do that as it keeps on restarting the interface.

• Just attempted a clean install (I did not have openmediavault-mediabrowser or mono repo enabled previously). Enabled mono repo, update, uploaded deb (1b2a9d066975b41f7cfe4d5f272225d6), ticked plugin and hit install:

Here is the output from the "Installing Plugins..." dialog: http://pastebin.com/TPC5wE5z

It has been printing "Waiting for folders to be created.", "Still waiting for folders to be created" for an hour or so.

The only thing that looks like an error is:

Code
    update-rc.d: error: no runlevel symlinks to modify, aborting!
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

• This is the only error im receiving

• Got it installed and this is the output

• There are a group of folders that should be at /var/lib/mediabrowser

Give me list of the folders you have there:
    cd /var/lib/mediabrowser
    ls -la

Give output of the ls -la and I will look at some time later today. Back to bed...

TTYL

• Here is the output of when i run ls-la

And when i want to start mediabrowser this is the following i get without enabling it in the gui

Code
    root@mediaserver:/var/lib/mediabrowser# service mediabrowser start
    Starting mediabrowser
    root@mediaserver:/var/lib/mediabrowser# service mediabrowser status
    mediabrowser is not running ... failed!
    root@mediaserver:/var/lib/mediabrowser#
  • Do a clean install of mediabrowser plugin, get to: "Waiting for folders to be created.", "Still waiting for folders to be created"

Code
    $ ls -a /var/lib/mediabrowser/
    .  ..  config  data  localization  logs

Copy extracted ffmpeg directory to /var/lib/mediabrowser.

Code
    $ sudo cp -r ffmpeg /var/lib/mediabrowser/.

Installation dialog updates (looks promising):

Code
    Waiting for folders to be created.
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Updating locale files ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...
    Done ...

Start and check mediabrowser service:

Code
    $ sudo service mediabrowser start
    Starting mediabrowser
    $sudo service mediabrowser status
    mediabrowser is not running ... failed!

Check /etc/init.d/mediabrowser:

Code
    /usr/bin/mono -- MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Run command on shell:

Code
    $ /usr/bin/mono -- MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Unknown command line option: '--'
    $ /usr/bin/mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    [...]

This starts but crashes with this output: http://pastebin.com/Yx85d3jY

I see System.DllNotFoundException followed by libsqlite3.so. I don't seem to have this library so I install it.

Code
    $ sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-dev
    [...]
    $ sudo /usr/bin/mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

It starts! I hit server:8096/mediabrowser and get the interface.

Code
    $ sudo service mediabrowser start
    Starting mediabrowser
    $ sudo service mediabrowser status
    mediabrowser is running.

Looks good! Seem like the problem (so far) was the problem retrieving ffmpeg and the fact that libsqlite wasn't set as a dependency.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!