Cannot create Shared Folder - follow up of known issue in OMV 0.x

• Hello!

I'm facing the issue that I cannot create shared folders via WebUI.
    I reported this issue for OMV release 0.5 already here.

However, with the latest OMV release 1.1 (Kralizec) the issue still occurs.
    Please check attached screenshot.

I have a NAS with multiple devices and different filesystems. In fact only the OMV installation is running on EXT4, all other partitions are formatted with BTRFS.

Question:
    Is it (still) true that OMV WebUI will not create a shared folder until BTRFS support is implemented?

THX

• Offizieller Beitrag

The btrfs filesystem backend is registered in OMV. I would think you should be able to mount. That would be a question for @votdev.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The btrfs filesystem backend is registered in OMV. I would think you should be able to mount. That would be a question for @votdev.

Look here and on the rest of the switch statement to see why it won't mount. That is the only place I know that can prevent btrfs from being mounted. I would really appreciate the ability to at least mount btrfs for the moment being myself instead of having to edit the code :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I missed that part. Thanks :)

If you create a mntent entry with the hidden flag set, does it work?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

It works....add the mount parameters and entry to at /etc/fstab in between omv tags, and then mount -a, make sure you have the destination dir. Then replicate the mntent entry at config.xml with same parameters and hidden flag to 1 (no idea if it makes a difference), change uuid dir and uuid FS. The fs type can be btrfs

This set of parameters of others ext4 disk didn't work

usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2

so i used only btrfs defaults,nofail,acl

You can unmount but then they will dissapear from fstab and mntent and you're back to the same place. But in general it works. It should be reboot persistant I guess

• Offizieller Beitrag

Cool :) If hidden is not set, it will add to fstab (I think).

• Hello!

I'm not a software developer and therefore only have the view of the end user.

What I'd like to understand is why you write something about an OMV specific /etc/fstab... or do I get something wrong here?

In my case I have a "standard" Debian-like /etc/fstab with multiple devices, partitions and subvolumes.
    This means I configured a "multi-device" BTRFS volume with multiple subvolumes.
    Hereby I don't need to maintain dedicated partitions and can extend the available storage very easily.

And I still don't understand why I cannot define a shared folder in OMV?
    Is BTRFS now supported?
    If no, when is it planned to support BTRFS?

THX

• Offizieller Beitrag

Btrfs is not supported yet in omv. You may find your way around adding the entries in config.xml, but is not going to be smooth since the entry will vanish for every unmount action in omv. But once your there you should have any problems creating the shares. Omv adds custom entries to fstab. That is the file that gets all drives mounted at boot. You can put the line off those tags in fstab so your drives get mounted and omv doesn't delete them.
    Mi have no idea when support is coming to omv. Maybe it has some extra features that need to be implemented in the webui.
    You can file a request or a question at the bugtracker. I do remember that it was intended to come at the wheezy upgrade.

• Hi!
    I don't intend to umount a partition / device, and therefore I'm interested in the modification of config-fiel config.xml.
    Means that my /etc/fstab remains manually modified, but stable:

So, what is the proposal to move on?

THX

• Offizieller Beitrag

at /etc/openmediavault/config.xml at fstab section are all the fs managed by omv. Once you get your entries there, they should be available as volumes for shared folders, this is my raid for example, you'll need to accomodate yours properly.
    Make sure you backup your config.xml file in case you accidently delete a line or delete it.

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>1c164bb7-c1ec-44c7-92ae-d4936310a985</uuid>
            <fsname>751abbe2-c527-43a0-9e9f-4f250f53245c</fsname>
            <dir>/media/46e48dd3-8f8a-42f4-a503-0084368be19e</dir>
            <type>ext4</type>
            <opts>defaults,acl,user_xattr,noexec 
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>2</passno>
            <hidden>0</hidden>
          </mntent>

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!