plex does not see any of my videos

• im still new to omv but everything else works flawlessly. I am trying to setup plex media server but i pointed it to my videos and nothing showed up it just says library scan complete. also when i go to sign in in the top right hand corner it says plex not reachable. i opened all the ports in the setup info in my router. what am i missing? thanks for your time and help.

• i figured out my problem it was a permission error when i first set up my shares i set them to "administrator:read/write, users: read/write, others: no access". apparently plex needs this "others" field to read the library i tested this by creating another share and seeing if my video files showed up and sure enough they did. as im not sure how to edit permissions on folders i just deleted it and created a new share with the right permissions and am transferring all my stuff over again. thanks for replying though.

• by the way do you know why plex keeps saying plex is unreachable? i opened all the ports and still keep getting that error message. i am logged into my account and connected to plex service though so it may be an error. thanks so much for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!