Is it possible to install loganalyzer work with nginx?

• Hi OMV family, I'm very happy with you.

I have a small network at home and want to make a lite and centralized log server over rsyslog.
    I was trying to install loganalyzer to see detailed rsyslogs. But apache2 is a dependency and it will be trouble with nginx.
    How can I install loganalyzer 4.1.1 to work with nginx? If it's possible, I also want to install phpsysinfo? (I tried but omvweb-gui corrupted because of apache2)
    Or do you have any other suggestion?

My system is old Celeron 2.3 Ghz cpu (usage %1)
    768 MB ddr ram (usage %10)
    478pin biostar mainboard
    OMV Kralizec 1.1
    works very well so far :)

• This trouble can be solved easily: Just change the port nginx is listening to (Or the port to which the apache is listening, usually port 80) and you are done. Yon cannot run two webservers on a machine listening to the same tcp port.
    The port nginx is listening to can be changed at the web-gui: Go to General Settings and change the port 80 to something different which is not in use, I use port 82. Save this change and sign off from the web-gui and open a SSH session. At the command line enter the command to restart the nginx service with service nginx restart. Then open the web-gui with the trailing port you have choosed with i.e. http://192.168.100.100:82 and you should be there.

May I ask what the reason is for installing a rsyslog facility at home? At work I of course have a rsyslog facility collecting all the logs from Linux or Linux-based equipment, but I never felt the need to install that at home.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Thanks for your reply datadigger, I will try your solution and give feedback.

Debian comes with rsyslog server default, OMV system always running at roof and this is very suitable for log server.
    I have standalone PfSense and Prosody jabber server inside of OMV in my network structure. I installed another Pfsense and (unfortunately) windows server in a small company. I want to see of all these systems log with better log wiever.
    I'm unemployed but cant give up systems. I like to play Linux systems and this is unfortunately obsession for me.
    I hope I could express my feelings...

• Yes of course, thanks for the statement.
    I know "obsession" in conjunction with IT very well.... when I stumbled into IT in 1992 I came from a very very different job and spent lots of days and nights to get into it. Build a Novell home network, learned to handle OS/2 and get in touch with the first Suse distro..... exciting times. So I can understand your wish to stay in touch very well.
    To say it with REO Speedwagons words: Keep the fire burning and best wishes.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Thanks for your kindly wishes datadigger.

I think, my problem isn't port numbers. I didnt install apache2, nginx must run these things.
    I have copied loganalyzer & phpsyinfo into /var/www

here is folder tree
    /var/www/loganalyzer
    /var/www/phpsysinfo

and I did
    chown www-data:www-data * . -Rf
    service nginx restart

When I hit http://192.168.100.104:81/loganalyzer/install.php
    or https://192.168.100.104:444/loganalyzer/install.php
    I got error "404 not found nginx"

in tutorials, they just copying the folder into /var/www
    and give permission, then enter the "server ip/loganalyzer/" that's it!
    What is my worg?

• It isn't that easy if you want to run loganalyzer as a separate website. If you want it that way, you have to create a separate nginx config file at /etc/nginx/websites-enabled and another one for php-fpm at /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d - but you can try it the easy way: Just run it as a page of the omv website.

Create a subdirectory at /var/www/openmediavault with the name loganalyzer, copy the content of the installation package (Just the content of the src directory) into this new directory and call it with http://<ip.of.the.OMVbox>/loganalyzer and the install script should run. I've just tried it that way and the installation script starts.
    I'm not sure if this disturbs the OMV website, but I don't believe that. Under apache it doesn't, I did it that way a lot of times on my website with CMS and forum.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!