Permissions (deluge, sickbeard, couchpotato)

• Is there any place to set permissions other than the Shared Folders section and clicking on Privileges for each folder?

I have some media and download shares, both of which I have given read/write permissions to deluge, sickbeard and couchpotato

However, whenever I try to download something with deluge I get a permission error saying it can't write to the share. With sickbeard I can't create TV show folders for the same reason. Couchpotato also won't rename and move files due to permission being denied

I was under the impression that all I need to do is tick the read/write box for the appropriate user in the privileges area but that clearly isn't enough. I was tempted to mess with ACL but I have been told not to touch that so I havent

• so I think I managed to fix this by setting both the media and download shares to have write permission for the users group (of which all 3 plugins are a member) and they seem to be able to write/move things around OK for now

however, I have another permissions problem (which may or may not be related):

lets say I download a video with deluge, and as userX I cut the file onto my own client windows computer just by navigating to the download share. Then I copy that file from the client computer back onto the NAS to the media share

both userX and userY can access and open the file with no problem just by navigating to the share on windows. However, userY cannot delete/rename the video file. An error will come up saying permission denied and that you must be userX to delete the file

does the act of copying the file onto the share as userX cause userX to be the only person that can edit the file? Is there a way around this?

Is there a particular reason for this? As mentioned above, the media share now has folder permissions set to group writeable (with group set to users), both userX and userY are members of the group, and read/write privileges are correctly set for the share in OMV.

• when moving some folders from windows to a share though, the permissions do not default to 775 (i.e. in my case the group was not given write permissions by default)

let me give a specific example:
    I have 2 shares: torrent and media
    both shares have inherit permissions turned on, and the permissions of both shares is 775

deluge downloaded a file to /torrent/finished
    However, the downloaded file actually has permissions 777 when, due to inheritance, it should be given 775 no?

Then couchpotato automatically moves that file to /media/videos
    And in here, that moved file has permissions 777 and does not inherit the permission of this folder either

so I fixed the problem of not being able to write to the share, but now these files give everybody write permission which I dont want either...

• I have just tried this with sickbeard as well. both sickbeard and couchpotato will give files/folders 777 before and after the move over to /media, and the new 775 from the destination folder does not get inherited...

• Offizieller Beitrag

A move file or folder will preserve permissions and ownership, because is basically a renaming. Inheritance is for making samba files more flexible. They can be edited or deleted by other user that did not create that file.
    What permissions do files folders have when they are created by torrent or sickbeard depends on the umask configuration of the software. This also is applicable to samba. Check the Smb.conf at /etc/samba for the default umask or use testparm.
    I believe sickbeard can be configured in its webui for default permission (umask) and Deluge has it in its service init script. Check the Deluge website documentation.
    Edit: are you using sickbeard for nzb? If so you have to check the sabnzbd options for file creation permission.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!