HDD Sleep State Graph in System Information

• Hi,

it would be nice to see the Sleep State of the HDDs in the RRD Graphs. How can i do that?

Jochen

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• thanks for the hint! I will try this.

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• I don't know actually what states the HDDs are reporting, but you can have something like this:
    unknown=0
    sleep=1
    active/idle=2
    working=3
    then you can write some code: (code has to be ported)

• This would be a really good addition to the existing graphs!

Is there any chance that this will be implemented? Or is there an easy way to implement this myself? I'm not too good at real coding if it happens outside of matlab.

At the moment I keep track of the idle states by having a little shell script started at boot and then create a plot from the logfile with a little Matlab script from time to time.

Here is the shell script:

the script is called by

Code
    bash check_hdd_spindown.sh /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc > spindown.log

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!