Saving changes restarts smbd

• Is there a reason why OpenMedia Vault uses "force-reload" when saving changes ot the smb module instead of just "reload" or even just letting smbd pickup the changes itself since it checks the smb.conf file ever minute? Force-reload is the same in the initscript as restart and it drops all existing connections which can make simple little changes a total pain.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please open a bugreport if you think the 'reload' will be enough. But this must be absolute safe that it will reflect all requirements and scenarious that are fullfilled with the current implementation.

• I'll research it a bit more. Though in my experience a simple reload takes care of the vast majority of changes one would make. There could be use in having the ability to disconnect users and force them to reconnect, but that would be a much more specific use with greater implications. Currently any minor change will cause a restart and thus break all connections.

After looking through the code a bit, it appears the "force-reload" in /var/www/openmediavault/module/smb.inc only applies to a few actions involving users. It is the calling of exec() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc that is restarting Samba on every change to the configuration file. For now I have just temporarily commented out the $initd->exec(); line in smb.inc.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!