Need to change user UID

• Thanks for a great piece of software. I was looking for a NAS appliance for my new HP N54L and transfer from a full height centos server to something smaller. I'm experimenting with OMV to use as backup storage for my UNIX (HP-UX), Linux and Windows systems at home. According to the manuals, it appears that when creating a user in the web interface, there should be an option to specify the UID. However, this option is not there. I'm using the latest release (1.3 - Kralizec) and did an update/grade before creating a user.

When I try to manually change it via editing the /etc/passwd file or using usermod (ie. usermod -u 201 user1), the user names disappear from the web interface. It works fine from my Linux and UNIX box, but not having the users in the user list is weird. Is there a way to get the web interface to display these users amd turn on the option to change UID when creating users?

Thanks!

• subzero79,

For consistency sake. I thought I missed something, as I was using Kentish's setup guide and it shows the UID option (http://thekentishman.files.wor…/2012/01/omv-add-user.jpg).

I started using an OEM version of the HP-UX (commercial software included the OS) back in the early 90's and they were using 20x for UID and 20 GID for "users", so I use the same for my Linux systems; and when I had a Win 2003 Storage Server (mapping Linux/UNIX "user1/users" to Windows "user1", etc).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!