Manual installation of OpenVPN on OMV Server

• After installing dnsmasq manually on my OMV server, I then tried to setup and configure the openmediaserver-openvpnnas plug-in. Unfortunately, things were not working. Time to take things into my own hands again. Following are instructions for setting up OpenVPN server on your OMV system. The is the community edition rather than the commercial edition.

Hope this helps someone trying to figure this out.

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• After messing with the access server version for a bit, I went straight for the manual install without trying the plugin. That's because I already had a variant of this script developed that I use for Amazon EC2 environments, so was quicker for me to go this way.

When I get a bit more time, I'll go back and give the standard plugin a try.

• I'd recommend trying openvpn-as first. That should be a little easier to setup/configure. It didn't work for me - I was not able to connect to the admin console. Setting up openvpn manually isn't really that difficult though.

• There is an issue with chrome in the current version OpenVPN Access Server. When you connect to the admin UI you have to do it by your hostname and not your OMVs ip address:

Code
    https://hostname:943/admin

The other browsers are working fine. I'm going to add a button just for chrome.

**Edit: Chrome is now working with newer version. See this post:
    OpenVPN Access Server plugin version 1.0.6

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!