Read and Write Acesses not working with two user

• Hi

I am having an issue with one my shared folders.

I have set up the following:

1) user1 and user2 - with standard privileges in creation process
    2) A shared folder called "backup" with standard access in folder-creation process -> should be access read/write for root and users, others no access
    3) Under privileges both users have read and write access
    4) In SMB/CIFS setting public is disabled (for a reason) the rest is left at default

I can access the folder "backup" with user1 and user2 after authetication and I can create and delete folders witch each user - so far , so good.

However I cannot access and/or delete a folder with user1 which had been created with user2 !? Since both users have read and write access for the shared folder "backup" I would assume that one user can read and write/delete the files created by the other - this has been possible with my Qnap NAS which I used previously.

How can I achieve this?

• Did you play with ACL settings? I would reset permissions to default values (Shared Folders/Reset Permissions tab) and start over.
    Of course it is possible that user1 can alter files and folders created by user2 if the permissions are ok. This is possible since Samba has been created.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• That's an option in samba share settings. Is called inheritance,

The problem you have is samba omv has a governing default mask, which i believe is 644, only read access to groups and others.
    Check the option a and see if the behaviour changes

Mhh kinda working. I changed the settings, rebooted and now I can access a share with user1 created by user2 - however I cannot create a folder or delete files.
    What about setting permissions manually to "everyone" in shared folders?

• Ok that solved the problem.

I did quite some searching but I wasn't able to pull something up with that scenario although I remembered reading something similar last week while I was looking for something else

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!