System check and harddisk/raid speed tests in a nutshell

• Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• I like to propose to use a different tool for benchmarking - called dt.

It is kind of a dd, but gives you the data directly as an analysis and output.

You can find it here (very old nowadays) with a linux intel compiled version of it:
    http://www.scsifaq.org/RMiller_Tools/dt.html

I have written a test procedure somewhere in the RAID section.

Regards
    Ser

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Is it possible to raise a problem for solution on this post? or should I raise a new post?
    The issue is a hard disk that was on my omv before - my parity drive.
    That omv crashed due to the pool vanishing.
    I reinstalled and now I have attached all the disks and everything was OK initially but lately, one hard disk had vanished.
    All my external hard disks are linked via two JBOD via a sata port.
    I have tried to mount it using mount -a but it does not appear.
    I them amended the config.xml file and ran omv-mkconf fstab
    It still does not appear so I found this thread and ran

Code
    egrep 'ata[0-9]\.|SATA link up' /var/log/dmesg

and got this output:

***see attachment***
    I am sorry but I don't understand what this output is saying apart from the fact that it has issues.
    The missing disk is this:

What can I do to recover this disk and why can the sata port read three of four disks? I don't understand.
    The only link i found was this and this is 2009. Surely the issue will have been corrected? https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=13551
    Please help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!