Low Transfer Speeds

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-usbbackup is a core OMV plugin that backs up to or from a usb drive when it is plugged in.

openmediavault-backup is an omv-extras plugin that can backup the system drive to a data drive, allow booting from multiple ISOs (clonezilla, systemrescuecd, partedmagic, gparted live), and has undelete utilities (photorec, extundelete).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, the other way round. ;) I've been using omv-extras for such a long time that I obviously couldn't remember which one is on board and which one comes from the extras.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Thanks, I used

Code
    apt-get install openmediavault-usbbackup

to install it. My flash drive has served me pretty well over the last two months, and since i've installed AutoShutdown I'm not that worried that it will get busted. However, I will keep a data backup just in case seeing as there's a long history of flash drive malfunctions. :) Cheers mate, and thanks for the advice.

Version: OMV 1.6 (Kralizec) w/ Backports 3.16 amd64 Kernel & OMV-Extras.org 1.2
    Hardware: HP g6 w/ Intel Core i7 Processor, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Services: AFP, SMB/CIFS, SSH, FTP, Plex, AutoShutdown

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Damian ()

• If there is already corrupted Data, this Data will also be currupted inside the Backup.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• If there is already corrupted Data, this Data will also be currupted inside the Backup.
    Greetings
    David

Hi David,
    The actual problem is that my transfer speeds are pretty low.

• The actual problem is that my transfer speeds are pretty low.

Yup. One indication that your USB Stick may be near death.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Yup. One indication that your USB Stick may be near death.

Greetings
    David

Hahaha, thanks for that thought mate. I'll be splitting the internal HDD and installing Debian and then OMV on top of that like how @datadigger suggested when I've got the time. Should have calm winds and a smooth sail afterwards.

• And always six inches of water under your keel, sailor. ;)

Be prepared for that moment and have a working backup in the locker. When the flash drive dies you only have access to your data if you install OMV the same way, on a flash drive again.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• When the flash drive dies you only have access to your data if you install OMV the same way, on a flash drive again.

What are you talking about? It does not matter if he uses a brand new SSD or an old HDD or a flash drive to get to his data IMHO. One does not even need to use OMV to get the data back.

• What are you talking about? It does not matter if he uses a brand new SSD or an old HDD or a flash drive to get to his data IMHO. One does not even need to use OMV to get the data back.

Start to read again from the beginning. He is running OMV on a flash drive connected to a notebook and the build-in harddisk contains the storage. So tell me any other way how to access the data on the storage without ripping the disk off.

• And always six inches of water under your keel, sailor. ;)

Be prepared for that moment and have a working backup in the locker. When the flash drive dies you only have access to your data if you install OMV the same way, on a flash drive again.

Thanks again and cheers mate :D I backed up everything to an external HDD, I'm all set for the Apocalypse 8)

@WastlJ OMV runs in a flash drive and the data partitions are in the internal HDD, if I want to reinstall OMV on top of Debian in the intenal HDD, i'll lose my data.

• Oh well, you guys are the best. ;)
    Of course you can use an an external disk for installing, if it is available. Not everybody has more than one laying around, only freaks like you and me have five or more. Only the kind of media is different, the way to install remains the same.

Live-CD is of course possible, too. I even would prefer that, because copying data that way doesn't need another installation. Just didn't think about that, thanks for pointing that out.

• Hold on, your saying I can run OMV from a Live CD? =O But how? OMV won't be able to write any changes onto the disk would it?

• Not OpenMediaVault but any other livecd.

Greetings
    David

• Ohhh hahaha now i get what he meant. :thumbup: Another method to access the data. I use Hiren's BootCD and Ultimate DLCD Boot for stuff like that.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Damian ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!