• Need help deciphering...

Shortly before this I started getting I/O errors when copying or editing files on the server from my laptop. Also started noticing missing files. I would move over some shows. It would be there long enough for plex to add it to the data base and then vanish both from plex and the actual folder

I'm running snapraid w/ aufs if it helps.

My drives are still under warranty so I'm tying to decide if I need to swap them out. Also I found a post searching for the error saying sometimes it was the sata cables. This was the one and only time I've gotten the errors. (got the email November 5th) I swapped the SATA cables and it seemed better but a few days ago files started going missing again.

Thanks guys!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are the files missing from the aufs pool or from the actual hard drive?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would install the unionfilesystems plugin. You can change the shared folders to point to the new pool and then uninstall the old aufs plugin. I just did this on my backup server this past weekend. Went perfect :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• So if the smart tests pass like they do is it likely this error was just a cable problem? Would the issues with the aufs cause the I/O errors? I get errors when trying to edit certain files and folders at times. I have everything backed up and been wanting to update to Omv 1 anyway

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hard to say. Some problems may be cable. Some might have been aufs. If it still acts up with omv 1 and unionfilesystem plugin, I would say the drive(s) is going bad.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is very easy now. If you have questions, just post them here :)

• So I didn't delete any of the data on the drives. I upgraded and am trying to set it up as it was. but am having issues with the whole share folder smb thing and am thinking its best to format and start over. but my issue right now is windows not seeing the server. my android phone can see it.. but the new pool doesn't have any of my old files in it. its been so long since I've set this up I know I'm just spacing out on something.

• I'm up and running on omv 1 now and I still haven't deleted my drives I figured I would try to set it up using the old data. I've made shares for d1, d2, and the pool named server. It shows the right amount of data in server but there are no files or folders. How do I populate the server pool?

• Is there a way to get Unionfilesystem to make the drives fill up equal? does it even matter?

I formatted the drives linked them with aufs and then made a share folder with the pooled name. Is that right? I assume so just making sure.

• Offizieller Beitrag

aufs can't balance the drives. All it can do is balance what is written to the drive. So, if it isn't balanced now, it may be after a lot of writes

• Offizieller Beitrag

You set it up right. This is something that seems to go wrong with aufs. It is only writing to one drive. I don't know why. Maybe mhddfs would be more reliable for you.

• its weird it shows the pool correctly as in the storage space. just doesn't write to both drives. whats the difference between mhddfs and aufs?

just googled it quick. Seems aufs is an older project no longer being developed. mhddfs seems better but slower.

I like the fact that snapraid can restore accidentally deleted files.. but I'm wondering if I shouldn't just be going raid 5 at this point to make it all easier.

• Offizieller Beitrag

mhddfs writes to one drive until it is full and then starts writing to the next. On most systems, mhddfs doesn't cause any speed issues.

Raid 5 won't let you restore accidentally deleted files.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!