Nginx

• Good afternoon.
    It is my first speech in the forum, and I want to thank the great work of the developers of this wonderful system.

Debian is my entertainment. I installed OMV on a computer that had at home. I installed ssh-sftp-owncloud and plexmediaserver. Everything works correctly

My question is nginx configuration wan carried out with wordpress by a virtual host.

As nginx is configured to separate the web interface OMV of these other services.?

thank you very much

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have two options:

1 - Install the wordpress plugin (not a virtual host config though)

2 - Install the nginx plugin and install wordpress like any other php app.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You tell me that with nginx create the public_html folder and install wordpress in that folder?
    It is the only way to separate the OMV other services interface that can pull the wan?
    I'm too new jjjj
    Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it isn't the only way but it is the easiest.

Create a shared folder and put the files in that shared folder. Create a server and pool in the nginx plugin using that shared folder. You can leave the "Use public directory" unchecked and check "Use root".

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here you go. I just installed wordpress using nginx.

• Sorry Ryecoaaron, I'm trying to do the same but in the MySQL plugin there is not any place to put where you want to save the database!

I'm currently running the WordPress plugin but I don't like to have it running like this because if the system drive fails, I think all the wordpress stuff is there and that's because I would like to install it via the nginx plugin and store the files in a location chosen by me as a shared folder.

Thanks for your attention!

EDIT:
    OK, I found out that there's a Scheduled Backup option in the MySQL plugin to backup the database to a shared folder. Would it be easy-restorable if the system drive fails and I reinstall the Wordpress+MySQL plugin and then I restore the ".sql" backupped file?

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lord Wektabyte ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a restore option. So, yes it would be easy to restore.

• Thanks for the quick answer. Would it be as easy as: ?

EDIT: (swapped as Ryecoaaron suggested)

• Install MySQL and create all the databases etc.
    • Installing Wordpress using NginX as you said firstly.
    • Do a scheduled backup of the SQL database to a shared folder

And if the system drive fails (with the SQL database in it), I will only have to take the Clonezilla image I've done, restore the system and restore the database and WordPress would work wothout any problem?

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lord Wektabyte ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Swap steps 1 and 2. Otherwise, everything you wrote should work. Test the process in a virtual machine.

• Hello, I did all you said above and I installed WordPress using the NginX plugin. The problem is that i finish the database setup in the wordpress webpage but when I want to finish the installation, I can't access the webpage. Firefox gives me this error:

Zitat

Ha fallat la connexió segura

S'ha produït un error durant la connexió a 192.168.1.230:8080. L'SSL ha rebut un registre que excedeix la longitud màxima permesa. (Codi d'error: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Translated:
    Secure connection failed.
    There has been a problem during the connection to 192.168.1.230:8080. The SSL has received a register that exceeds the maximum lenght permitted. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Any ideas?

PS: I have SSL enabled in the OMV webGUI with a self-signed certificate but the "Force HTTPS" is disabled.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I tried clearing Firefox cache and using a private window. All of them give me the same error. If I access using plain HTTP, it redirects me to the OMV WebGUI.

My NAS:

Plugin list:

Zitat

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!