Disks not detected

• I installed OVM 0.3 and upgraded to 0.4.2. All installations and upgrade were performed with a single SSD connected into the system. After I confirmed everything was working and up and running properly, i shutdown the system and added two brand new 3TB Seagate drives and booted the server. In OMV, both of these drives show up in the Physical Disks but when I go to create a RAID1 Mirror, neither of these disks are listed. I then thought of adding the drives individually and when I try to create a new filesystem, neither of these disks show up.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte (GA-H67M-D2-B3) and uses the H67 chipset. I have configured both of these drives into a RAID1 mirror via the motherboard RAID controller (uses Intel RST) and I suspect that the MD RAID support included with OVM either does not recognize this or is having some problem (I haven't had any time yet to troubleshoot further). I was planning to disable the motherboard RAID and try again with SATA controller configuration set to AHCI mode.

This brings to mind a couple of questions:

1) Is the suggested/recommended path for RAID to only utilize software RAID via MD RAID and completely disable the motherboard RAID?
    2) Are there any issues in OVM supporting 3TB drives (I would guess not but thought I would check with others)

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

md raid is software raid. You need to either use md raid or the motherboard raid but not both.

If you turn off the motherboard raid, you should be able to put the drives in a raid array using mdadm. OMV does support 3 TB drives.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I turned off the motherboard raid and the disks did not show up. I had to initiate a Wipe of the drives which rewrote the GPT info on the drives. I then tried creating a RAID1 mirror using the wiped drive and encountered a "resource busy error". I had to reboot the server and then was able to successfully create the RAID volume, formatted the volume and I am up and running.

Thanks for the tip!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!