OMV users integrated in OwnCloud automatically?

• Hi,

I recently installed OwnCloud through the availble plugin, and after fixing the certification/trusted domain issue, everything seems to work fine.
    I was however a bit surprised to found out that the subsonic user that was created when installing Subsonic through the OMV-Extras plugin, was already listed as a user in the OwnCloud user interface when I first logged in as admin. First I tried deleting the subsonic user in the OwnCloud user interface, however even if it looked like it was successfully deleted, after refreshing the page subsonic again popped up as a user in the Owncloud interface. I then tried creating a a "test_user" in the OMV interface, and sure enough after logging onto OwCloud again as admin I could also find the test_user in the OwnCloud user interface. I then tried deleting the test_user in the OwnCloud interface but that did not work, however if I deleted the test_user in the OMV interface it also disappeared from the OwnCloud user interface. So it seems like OwnCloud automatically integrates system users...

So, is this something I need to think about? I haven't actually created any users in the OMV interface as transmission/subsonic/minidlna/btsync fulfill all my needs. However, it would feel "safer" if I could remove subsonic from the OwnCloud user list. I tried logging onto OwnCloud as subsonic, but it complained about the password (tried leaving the password blank as there is no password for the subsonic user). I guess that deleting the subsonic user from the OMV interface is not an option since it was created when installing Subsonic through the plugin, and also I have the permissions for my music folders set up in such a way that only root and subsonic can access them.

So, any ideas?

• Hi votdev,

Ahh, I should have been a little bit more thorough. Disabled the plugin and the subsonic user was gone (as well as the admin, luckily I had already created another admin :-))
    However, turned out that I have some actual real problems as well, but since there is already a thread for that ownCloud slow and errors in the logs I'll post my questions in that thread.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!