Installing OMV 1.0.20, can't login to console

• Hello!

Have installed a New omv, Version 1.0.20. During installation I put in a password. When the installation is Complete, I can login to webgui With admin/openmediavault, but can't login to console with root/openmediavault, or admin/openmediavault, or root/ (my password set during installation) or admin/ (my password set during installation).

Read on the forum that I can reset root password using cron. So try the following;
    Under scheduled jobs, I created a New job, unchecked the enabled Box, and in the command I put the following code;

root:Lb69? | chpasswd.

I saved it, and try to run, but nothing happend, and in the window where I push start, it it just white, nothing appear.

What did I do wrong??

Regards
    Kåre!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You forgot echo:

echo "root:Lb69?" | chpasswd

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What does it mean "nothing happens"? I've just tried it twice and could successfully change the root pw with a cron job. There will be no output on the screen, but the system will set the new password and I can log in with it.
    Did you try to log in with the new password? If you tried the second version the new password is admin.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no output when successful and it should change the password.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• People expect to get fancy "successfull done" messages. Where they should simple know, no message means successfull run.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!