Unionfilesystem Plugin

• How do you setup your pool? Your parity drive shouldn't be in the pool. Look at the picture section 9 or read the second passage.

You have to distinguish data (Daten) from content (Inhalt). Content only meens the checksum file snapraid creates to check or restore data, if I'm not wrong. On the picture from technikaffe there is only content marked for the parity drive and therefor no data (your files) will be stored at this drive.

• Finally decided to take the leap and move away from Unraid and over to OMV. After researching extensively about pooling solutions, MergerFS and OMV seem to be a perfect match.

I noticed that the create policies options are not fully up to date for MergerFS as it's missing "Existing path, least free space."

I've already edited /etc/default/openmediavault and added the following:

Code
    OMV_FSTAB_MNTOPS_MERGERFS="category.create=eplfs,category.search=newest,defaults,allow_other,moveonenospc=true,minfreespace=20G,fsname=mergerfs"

and then ran

Code
    omv-mkconf fstab

After rebooting, I verified if the changes were applied and it appears that EPLFS was not applied:

Also, I am running 3.0.13 for troubleshooting purposes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I noticed that the create policies options are not fully up to date for MergerFS as it's missing "Existing path, least free space."

I added an issue on github to add this (and direct_io). Not sure if I can get to it but hopefully HK can.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No I didn't. I typically try to avoid installing things that are outside of the package-manager for that system. I didn't know if there was a clean/easy way to make the package manager get the new files? Is there a repo for Jessie that I could enable that would upgrade the fuse packages without upgrading the system. (though from reading it looks like the jessie fuse is only at 2.9.3) Or is it best to just download and install the packages from the debian sid repository?

• Apparently the new versions of fuse are dependant on libc6 version being grater than 2.17. Current install is 2.13.

I tried upgrading libc6, but that too has dependencies that break something else.

That's where I stopped. I can keep going down that path and likely resolve all of the dependencies, but I may break something in the process I don't know about. Do I keep trying to upgrade packages individually, or enable sid, or some other solution? Or is OMV 3.0 due out tomorrow and will resolve all of this? :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installing a new libc is a very bad idea. And no, OMV 3 will not be out tomorrow.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Using packages from a release two versions newer? Yep, that will cause problems.

I don't really have a solution. It works fine on Jessie/OMV 3 but OMV3 is not ready yet. Maybe use aufs or mhddfs until OMV 3.x?

• I've been experiencing the same problem for several weeks, and it was since an upgrade. Searching around, it appears mhddfs had a bug introduced in 1.39 which causes these segfaults.

Zitat

kernel: [344494.334022] mhddfs[8164]: segfault at 1 ip 000000000040443c sp 00007f5144ff89d0 error 4 in mhddfs[400000+a000]

Details are in this post, and its linked pages
    http://nramkumar.org/tech/blog…-crash-with-ubuntu-14-04/

Short of rolling back to 1.38, or compiling your own fixed version as per that thread, the easiest fix is

Code
    fusermount -zu /media/mountpoint
    mount /media/mountpoint

I've put these two lines in a bash script I can quickly run. I may look to automate it off the back of error logging, but right now it's a quick manual fix and it going down isn't super critical for me, I am more interested in just getting it working again without a reboot.

It would be awesome if we could get the fix detailed in that link built in to the OMV Plugins version.

• Maybe use aufs or mhddfs until OMV 3.x?

Looks like MHDDFS is also segfaulting now. The house is on fire!

Zitat

I may look to automate it off the back of error logging

If you do end up doing this could you post a quick n dirty tutorial? I am rebooting my server seemingly every day, its not the end of the world but its extremely annoying since I thought I just got everything stable again.

• Would love to switch over to MergerFS but I don't have the swing storage to cut everything over, unless there's a non destructive way to change over? Not super familiar with UFS as a whole, just follow the guides :)

• post more info about how you configure and use your disk, and perhaps can guide to you.

I switch in the past from aufs to mergerfs and where really easy:

Delete aufs pool, recreate pool using same disks using mergerfs , and thats all, all works, and only need to delete some files that aufs use to know things.

To delete aufs pool , first you need that are not references to it on shares folders, so first you neeed to delete your samba shares ( delete your shares not your data on shares), and finally I can delete aufs pool.

once I create the mergerfs pool i need to recreate shares, and samba shares, but it's easy because folders and data exist in pool.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't have to delete the pool to change types. Select pool, click Edit, change the type, and reboot. Done. I have done it many times.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!