Unionfilesystem Plugin

• OMV 1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any messages in the log that you can view from the web interface? Did you install the backports 3.16 kernel (button to install available in omv-extras)? Installing the backports 3.16 kernel also enables the libfuse update that may help as well. But, I am guessing this is a network driver issue.
      omv 4.0.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I've run into a curious issue that I'd like o see if i can get resolved without having to do a full install.

I'm currently using the UFS with MDDHFS (i have never even seen mergeFS as an option) I have tried to delete one of my pools as they no longer exist. I always get a failed with the following message

Source Code

1. The configuration object is in use
      2. Error #3007:
      3. exception 'OMVException' with message 'The configuration object is in use' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/unionfilesystems.inc:387
      4. Stack trace:
      5. #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUnionFilesystems->delete(Array, Array)
      6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
      8. #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('UnionFilesystem...', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
      9. #4 {main}

I was thinking about making 2 different UFS's so that i could back one up to the other, Or making a raid 5 with some and using snap raid for the backup. So i attempted to delete my primary pool and recieved the same message. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    • mergerfs and samba

Hi,
      I pooled 3 drives together using mergerfs. I can access and write onto the pooled folder via cmd line, but I cannot access the folder via samba (Windows 10 and osx). I am always asked to enter my credentials, but no login is possible. On the the other hand single drive shares are working without any issues via samba.

I tired also mhddfs as union file system and it is surprisingly working via samba access. But I prefer mergerfs, since I have more options.
      I am using the latest OMV 3 beta (3.0.24) with mergerfs 2.13.1

Any thought how to fix this issue? Thank you, guys :)

my smb.conf:
      ===================== Global Settings =======================
      [global]
      workgroup = WORKGROUP
      server string = %h server
      dns proxy = no
      log level = 0
      syslog = 0
      log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
      max log size = 1000
      syslog only = yes
      panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
      encrypt passwords = true
      passdb backend = tdbsam
      obey pam restrictions = yes
      unix password sync = no
      passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
      passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
      pam password change = yes
      socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
      guest account = nobody
      load printers = no
      disable spoolss = yes
      printing = bsd
      printcap name = /dev/null
      unix extensions = yes
      wide links = no
      create mask = 0777
      directory mask = 0777
      use sendfile = yes
      aio read size = 16384
      aio write size = 16384
      null passwords = no
      local master = yes
      time server = no
      wins support = no
      #======================= Share Definitions =======================
      [serien]
      path = /media/fefa4f81-e09d-451a-b266-9df1966a3d5e/serien/ -------> the pooled shared
      guest ok = no
      read only = no
      browseable = yes
      inherit acls = yes
      inherit permissions = no
      ea support = no
      store dos attributes = no
      printable = no
      create mask = 0755
      force create mode = 0644
      directory mask = 0755
      force directory mode = 0755
      hide dot files = yes
      valid users =
      invalid users =
      read list =
      write list =
    • Hi guys,

I'm using SnapRaid with MergerFs and the mfs policy but it seems like the files (mostly 1-2GB size) aren't distributed evenly (see picture).

Anyone has an idea what is going wrong?

edit: Never mind, I think I found the problem.
      Images
      • file_system.png

32.97 kB, 901×246, viewed 94 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Denne ().

• lmaolmao wrote:

try adding this to the options in your union filesystem window -

Source Code

1. defaults,allow_other
      I was also unable to share a mergefs pool on samba and this line above fixed the problem. Thanks!!
      This was a frustrating problem and I only found this post after a long search. I don't really understand the working of this plugin or samba very well, but I wonder if this could be made a default option to prevent others having this problem.
    • @lmaolmao

Thank you for the info. Maybe this could also be the reason why I couldn't have access to my samba shares with OMV3 and OS X El Capitan. Look at the posting here. I don't have this problem with OMV2 but it was with my OMV3 test build.

@kaufhauslicht

I had the same problem with OMV3 that I couldn't access my samba shares with OS X. The samba shares are on my mergerfs-Pool. See the link one line above. Good to know that the problem could be in association samba/mergerfs.
      OMV-Server: MoBo Fujitsu D3222-B12 (Q87 chipset/Intel i217 gigabit lan controller), Intel i5-4590S, 8GB-Ram@1600MHz, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 35GB system, sda4 (rest) - for work), 4x3TB WD Red's Snapraid w/ mergerfs, DVBSky v952v3, OMV 4.0.x (always latest) with backportkernel 4.12 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, PlexMediaServer, Emby Server, SMB-Shares, TVHeadendServer (stable release),

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2
    • Hi,

Thanks for this plugin.
      I would like to report a bug:

While creating a pool (repeated several times), for some unknown reason, a given name (like "POOL") was replaced by "/media/2fe90cb3-a2c4-45d1-83cd-a6ce90421e87" kind. The pool itself is working, but that name makes it confusing when creating shared folders. It would be nice to fix that or to have a workaround.

All software are latest upgrade.

Cheers!
    • P13 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for this plugin.
      I would like to report a bug:

While creating a pool (repeated several times), for some unknown reason, a given name (like "POOL") was replaced by "/media/2fe90cb3-a2c4-45d1-83cd-a6ce90421e87" kind. The pool itself is working, but that name makes it confusing when creating shared folders. It would be nice to fix that or to have a workaround.

All software are latest upgrade.

Cheers!
      You don't need to post this twice in the forum and on github. Just github is enough if you know it is a bug (which it is).
      omv 4.0.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!