owncloud login SSL troubles

• I followed tekkb guide and successfull installed OC7. Now, I still have one probably small problem: When I try to enter owncloud web gui using the button in the OMV owncloud plugin, I get a warning that the connection is not private and something with the SSL certificate is wrong. I can then choose to use an unsecure connection which works. But this can't be the solution. I am using a dynamic ip with the service no-ip.com. Any ideas what might be going wrong?

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• If you use the button to access and then bypass the cert warning you are still connecting via ssl. Just because a certificate is a self signed does not mean it is not secure. Also, after you bypass the cert warning click on another service in the web gui and then owncloud service again you should be able to use the TAB for the iframe. The iframe (interface) will only connect via ssl. If the iframe is not working you need to install the openmediavault-links plugin and create a link while putting a check mark in the media box. This will disable CSP and allow the iframes for all the services that use them.

You have to pay money to get ssl certificates signed. They must be signed to avioid the warning that you see with self signed certs. Firefox allows exceptions to these warnings.

• Is there any way to modify the owncloud plugin so that it does not require an ssl cert? (yes I know its dangerous etc etc.....)

OMV 1.16 – ASUS ITX - G2020 2.9ghz - 8GB RAM - 40GB boot - 3x2tb in raid 5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!