OMV loses mirrored RAID

• Hi,

I installed 2x 3TB and 2x 1TB Hard-Drives into the OMV-System - on each harddrive of the same system I want to add a RAID1 System.
    On the 3TB Harddrives it's no problem - there are two RAIDs running (dev/sdd2 + dev/sde2 and dev/sdd3 + dev/sde3)
    The problem is: everytime I want to set up the RAID on the 1TB-harddrives, everything is working fine, until a reboot - then OMV doesn't remeber that there was a RAID /dev/md2 on the two 1TB-drives.
    I can rebuild the raid without any problems, but I have to do this everytime the systems has to reboot.

Is there a setting I'm missing or something?

Greetings
    Hexcode

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you partition those drives? For the second array? Can you post here fdisk -l and blkid
    Anyway if you're willing to start the array again first wipe the disks in the physical section and create the array again. Check if they persist this time.
    BTW why are you using 2 partitioned hard drives to make 2 x raid1? I mean the first ones

• I already tried the wipe and create a new array solution already - didn't work.

fdisk -l:

-> Seems like it doesn't work because they are usign GPT instead of MBR.

blkid:

And I'm using the 3TB Raid with the two partitions, because it's an old RAID build from another system, which I just plugged in into the OMV-NAS. Is there a known way to delete the first RAID and add the space do the second RAID on the 3TB drives - without recreating the RAID?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is strange the blkid displays sda and sdb as raw drives for raid. fdisk shows a partition like sda1

I usually run wipe secure for 10 seconds then the quick one. After that make sure fdisk displays sda and sdb without the partition (sda1 or sdb1)

From there make the raid again in the webUI of OMV

There was a user with a similar problem last week

RAID vanishes after reboot

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can transform your double partition array. Is a long process but you will have to work with a degraded array. Removing one of the drives from the two arrays and using that drive to construct another whole drive "degraded" array. Move the contents (across degraded arrays) and then remove the old one and add the drive it to the new degraded array.
    Most of this is done with CLI BTW

Lots of degraded in the sentence....let me know if you have any doubts

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!