Cannot Apply Changes

• Hey, guys! I'm having an issue with applying changes. It seemed to start after I installed the Clonezilla boot kernel and made a backup. This is the error I'm receiving.

Also, I'm getting an error that says it cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:8083 when I login via webGUI. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

• The latter error means your virtualbox module isn't loaded.

The script "fstrim.sh" which you may have installed manually is creating a loop. Fix that and you'll be able to apply again.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The latter error means your virtualbox module isn't loaded.

The script "fstrim.sh" which you may have installed manually is creating a loop. Fix that and you'll be able to apply again.

Greetings
    David

David, thank you for responding. I apologize for asking questions which may seem like common sense! When you say "fix that" are you talking about deleting the file altogether? I put this script in as preventative maintenance to keep my SSD boot drive healthy. Obviously, I'm going to have to take another path if it's causing problems at a basic level. Does OMV automatically run TRIM or is this something I need to SSH into and manually run every so often?

I believe the VirtualBox error is in regards to the backports kernel. I'll take a closer look at that.

Thanks so much!

• David, it said there was problem with the header. Maybe you should take a look at the script.

Touché....

On the virtualbox plugin there is a button to update the modules. Click on that button and let the modules upgrade. Then uninstall and reinstall the virtualbox plugin from the plugin section and all should be good. The shared folder you used for the virtual machines will not be deleted by this and be sure to use same shared folder when you re-enable the plugin.

On postfix:
    update-rc.d -f postfix remove
    update-rc.d postfix defaults

• Post both your script and the watchdog script here.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Thanks for joining, Tekkb, In regards to postfix:

This was the error received after I removed the script from rc.local.

This is now removed, but I did have this in rc.local

Code
    ##Run “fstrim” at boot
    LOG=/var/log/trim.log
    fstrim -v / >>$LOG
    echo “Time: $(date)” >>$LOG

As for the script itself made executable by chmod:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    #
    #
    #
    #Run “fstrim” command
    LOG=/var/log/trim.log
    fstrim -v / >>$LOG
    echo “Time: $(date)” >>$LOG
    exit 0

It is located in a scripts folder, but there is a copy of it in init.d, and there is a symbolic link of it to /etc/cron.hourly/fstrim

• That file in rc.local is bad. Why do you need it there? You should be able to achieve what you want with just the script in the scripts folder and the cron job.

Notice his output above. The postfix issues are gone.

• It is located in a scripts folder, but there is a copy of it in init.d, and there is a symbolic link of it to /etc/cron.hourly/fstrim

Then you should not have to have it in the init folder ;) Just let the cron run the one in the scripts folder.

Greetings
    David

• This line is very important as it tells the system which Shell to use in executing the script:

#!/bin/sh

A lot of times the sh will be symbolic link to bash (Bourne Again Shell). Each Shell's commands and syntax can vary.

#!/bin/bash

There are several Shells in Debian that can be used to execute commands.

https://wiki.debian.org/Shell

• Ok, so I went back and deleted the file from rc.local. I had no idea that would create such a fuss. I wiped all the symlinks, changed the rc.local file back to default, and then I rebooted the NAS before I ran the postfix commands inserted by tekkb. Everything seems to be back to normal. I have not uninstalled/reinstalled VirtualBox as the error message is gone after I fixed it for the backports kernel. I guess the million dollar question is .. would it be safe for me to run the script with a symlink from the scripts folder to cron.hourly? I'm just trying to keep the SSD optimized, as I've heard that Debian and OMV is very write heavy. Thank you so much for your help, guys! I'm just starting to learn some of the tricks and syntax Debian from SteamOS, OMV, and Linux Mint. You guys have been immensely helpful; which is one of the reasons that I much prefer OMV over FreeNAS. Thank you so much!

• OK, your good script (make it executable) in you script folder, which must be on the system drive as data drives are mounted noexec.
    Symlink in the bin location you want to use to your script.
    In rc.local have a path line to the symlink to execute once at boot.
    Four hourly use cron job.

• OK, your good script (make it executable) in you script folder, which must be on the system drive as data drives are mounted noexec.
    Symlink in the bin location you want to use to your script.
    In rc.local have a path line to the symlink to execute once at boot.
    Four hourly use cron job.

Thanks, Tekkb! I had to step away from the Internet for a few days while I visited my in-laws for Christmas! I will definitely symlink according to your instructions. I'm confident I can figure it out from here, and I will mark as resolved accordingly as I don't trust my VPN and SSH from this spotty connection. Thanks, everyone, for their help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!