[Solved] [Web-GUI] - software failure

• Resolved
    • [Solved] [Web-GUI] - software failure

I ask your help because i can't login to the webgui.
      1/ I try to use the "omv-firstaid" to change the port, the passsword and reset information but same result.

2/ I try to check the apache2 service as i see on the forum but my service apache2 is not runing

3/ I check the answer of the server with firebug and i have :

Source Code

1. {"response":{"authenticated":false,"username":"admin"},"error":null}

For me it's seem that the sever doesn't accept my password.

5/ I remove Plex because it's the last plugin that i install and i don't remember if i go back to the webgui after.

4/ I try to restart the server and same result.

Do you have an idea ?
      Thanks
      OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5
    • I check with

Source Code

1. cat /var/log/auth.log

and i have in the result

Source Code

1. Dec 21 14:08:23 NAS usermod[5685]: change user 'admin' password
      2. Dec 21 14:09:01 NAS CRON[5995]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
      3. Dec 21 14:09:01 NAS CRON[5995]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
      4. Dec 21 14:09:15 NAS omv-engined[6013]: pam_tally2(openmediavault:auth): /var/log/tallylog is either world writable or not a normal file

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5
    • Use Inkognito mode in Chrome and try to login there.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • Source Code

1. ls -la /var/log/tallylog
      2. stat /var/log/tallylog

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • I have those results

Source Code

1. ls -la /var/log/tallylog
      2. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 63936 déc. 10 18:46 /var/log/tallylog

Source Code

1. stat /var/log/tallylog
      2. Fichier : « /var/log/tallylog »
      3. Taille : 63936 Blocs : 8 ES blocs : 4096 fichier
      4. Device : 891h/2193d Inode : 132012 Liens : 1
      5. Accès : (0777/-rwxrwxrwx) UID : ( 0/ root) GID : ( 0/ root)
      6. Accès : 2014-12-21 13:53:29.614593520 +0100
      7. Modi. : 2014-12-10 18:46:07.378295688 +0100
      8. Chgt : 2014-12-18 17:56:33.832236127 +0100
      9. Créé : -
    • chmod 600 /var/log/tallylog

Then reboot your system. Try to login again and check the log again if you still can't login.

Greetings
      David

• JBLSteeve wrote:

I don't understand, why but thanks

Because:

JBLSteeve wrote:

Dec 21 14:09:15 NAS omv-engined[6013]: pam_tally2(openmediavault:auth): /var/log/tallylog is either world writable or not a normal file

Greetings
      David