[Solved] [Web-GUI] - software failure

• I ask your help because i can't login to the webgui.
    1/ I try to use the "omv-firstaid" to change the port, the passsword and reset information but same result.

2/ I try to check the apache2 service as i see on the forum but my service apache2 is not runing

3/ I check the answer of the server with firebug and i have :

Code
    {"response":{"authenticated":false,"username":"admin"},"error":null}

For me it's seem that the sever doesn't accept my password.

5/ I remove Plex because it's the last plugin that i install and i don't remember if i go back to the webgui after.

4/ I try to restart the server and same result.

Do you have an idea ?
    Thanks

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• I check with

Code
    cat /var/log/auth.log

and i have in the result

Code
    Dec 21 14:08:23 NAS usermod[5685]: change user 'admin' password
    Dec 21 14:09:01 NAS CRON[5995]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Dec 21 14:09:01 NAS CRON[5995]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    Dec 21 14:09:15 NAS omv-engined[6013]: pam_tally2(openmediavault:auth): /var/log/tallylog is either world writable or not a normal file

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• Use Inkognito mode in Chrome and try to login there.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Code
    ls -la /var/log/tallylog
    stat /var/log/tallylog

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I have those results

Code
    ls -la /var/log/tallylog
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 63936 déc.  10 18:46 /var/log/tallylog

Code
    stat /var/log/tallylog
      Fichier : « /var/log/tallylog »
       Taille : 63936         Blocs : 8          ES blocs : 4096   fichier
    Device : 891h/2193d    Inode : 132012      Liens : 1
    Accès : (0777/-rwxrwxrwx)  UID : (    0/    root)   GID : (    0/    root)
    Accès : 2014-12-21 13:53:29.614593520 +0100
    Modi. : 2014-12-10 18:46:07.378295688 +0100
    Chgt  : 2014-12-18 17:56:33.832236127 +0100
    Créé  : -

• chmod 600 /var/log/tallylog

Then reboot your system. Try to login again and check the log again if you still can't login.

Greetings
    David

• I don't understand, why but thanks

Because:

Dec 21 14:09:15 NAS omv-engined[6013]: pam_tally2(openmediavault:auth): /var/log/tallylog is either world writable or not a normal file

Greetings
    David

• I have this issue now after applying and update and I cannot use the web interface at all now. It fails on ever click. I tried the above fix and it's not working for me. I did reboot. Maybe mine is a different issue?

thanks

looks like it's because of Chrome, I had to go back a few versions

• I have this issue now after applying and update and I cannot use the web interface at all now. It fails on ever click. I tried the above fix and it's not working for me. I did reboot. Maybe mine is a different issue?

thanks

looks like it's because of Chrome, I had to go back a few versions

same for me after an update and a reboot I lost access to the GUI !?

• I'm seeing this again. It seems every time I update Chromium I get this error page. Is this because this version of Chrome is too new or is there something else wrong here?

Thanks

"Software failure. Press left mouse button to continue ...."

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!