Private subnet - no gateway

• Hi,

first of all, thanks for this tremendous product!

I have the following problem: my machine has multiple NICs: one for management, one connected on a private LAN where I use iSCSI. On this LAN, there is no gateway ( security ). The only problem: this is not allowed by OpenMediaVault. If I configure a non-used IP address, OpenMediaVault will use this gateway to connect to other LANs. I can configure the debian system manually, but then the configuration is different then the config file, so backups, ... are not reliable. Is there another way or should I file a bug report / feature request ?

Kind regards

• Thanks for the reply.
    Let me clarify: I can't configure that the second NIC has no gateway. A gateway is mandatory, while I don't want a gateway on my second NIC.

Kind regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't tried but can't you set the gateway IP the same as the machine's IP?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• clarification:
    i have two nics, eth0 (onboard) and eth1 (pci).
    eth1 is used normally while eth0 is unused. i can just enter any ip in a different subnet for eth0 without entering a gateway and it works...

• Hi,

I'm not able to set no gateway. There is a red line telling that the gateway is mandatory, and nothing happens when I press the OK button. When I use the same IP as the box IP, routing is messed up. I can't even ssh to the box. The problem is that the interface ( a bonded interface, but that is a detail ) comes before the other interfaces, making it its primary default gateway.

I tried this on both OMV 0.4.3 and 3.4.

• 3s_be,
    Did you ever find a solution for this issue. I have the same setup a you with the same problem. If the interface is bonded you have to set a gateway and I don't want one on the bonded interface.

• Hi,

I didn't find any solution, other then manual fix my /etc/network/interfaces file and remove my gateway. No really clean, but currently the only option....

Happy newyear and kind regards,
    3s

• Hi,

I updated to 0.4.11, but no luck yet. I can create a screenshot of what I got.
    I don't have this on a non-bonded interface, but on my bonded interface with the following configurattion:

Slaves:
      eth4 and eth5
      Address: 192.168.1.99
      Netmask: 255.255.255.0
      MTU: 9000
      Bond options:

Mode: balance-rr
        Primary: eth4
        mii-monitoring frequency: 100
        down delay: 200
        up delay: 200

When I leave the gateway blank, it tells me the gateway is mandatory.

My browser is firefox 17.0.1

Kind regards,
    3s

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!