Receiving "service name conflict" errors after upgrade from 0.4.38 to 1.7

• Hi I have just completed a rather rocky upgrade from 0.4.38 to 1.7. Everything seems to be working ok but i am seeing these 'service name conflict' logs when restarting the system. Is this a problem and if so how do I resolve? Thanks

Code
    Dec 26 11:03:46 MediaServer monit: /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-system.conf:1: Error: service name conflict, localhost already defined 'localhost'
    Dec 26 11:03:46 MediaServer monit: /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault:6: Error: service name conflict, rootfs already defined '/'
    Dec 26 11:03:46 MediaServer monit: /etc/monit/conf.d/collectd:1: Error: service name conflict, collectd already defined '/var/run/collectd.pid'
  • Probably something that happened during the upgrade, to me it looks like some definitions are now contained twice in the mentioned config files.
    Are you familiar with using an editor at the CLI? Open the file /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-system.conf and and check if the localhost definition appears twice.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• I think I've fixed this. There was a few duplicate files in '/etc/monit/conf.d/' with the same contents, eg a 'system' file and a 'openmediavault-system.conf' file with the same contents. I've got rid of the duplicates and the error messages have gone away.

Thanks for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!