Folders not showing depending on protocal

• Hello.

I have a shared folder set up called 'media'

I have set up SMB access to this shared folder
    I have set up AFP access to this shared folder.

From my mac, if I mount the share under SMB, I can see 'Movies' and 'Music' folders contained within.

If I mount the share under AFP, I can see the folders 'Movies', 'Work' and 'Tv Shows' within.

As I am not having this issue with other shares on the network, I have to assume something within OMV has gone awry? I am running this shinny new version.

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have a omv-extras installed, next to shared folders you will see a reset permissions section. You can apply that reset to the share and check if they appear in Samba. Don't forget to reset also the ACL.
    Try an stay away from ACL and use only the privileges button for samba and AFP.
    Let me know if it works

• Hi there.

I think something has gone a bit left field here.

I have a physical raid file system called 'media'

I also have a shared folder called 'media' which is that entire file system above. Just an one huge share basically.

Now when I look in SMB, I have both 'Media' and 'media'.

I have not created 'Media' anywhere.

On the mac if I connect with AFP I get the option of the lower case 'media'

ON Smb I see both 'media' and 'Media' and can connect to both which both resolve to the same thing.

However if I dig further in to say movies under AFP. I can see a folder with a full backup from cobian with the date on the end.

However under SMB in the same location this folder does not exist.

I'll try the permissions thing, but it feels like the whole thing went tits up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you setup home folders for samba? You can take a look at this file /etc/samba/smb.conf and see all the shares configuration and how many. For Afp is /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default
    You can check with winscp or extplorer that the folder structure is correct. If problems still appear I would stop samba and afp and recreate the shares again.

• No I did not set up home folder.

I simply set up a shared folder called media and created shares in samba and afp to this folder.

There is some issues going on not really sure what to do. I don't understand why there is a 'Media' and 'media' resolving to the same share.

• Hi here is what it says.

I don't know if its just samba as AFP will only show some folder as well.

I am happy to level it and start again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your config looks ok......except for the share definitions, they are not enclosed in square brackets. Did you edit them manually and remove those here at the pasting? Also the global is missing brackets.
    Can you make sure the brackets exist in the configuration.

media
    path = /media/2ed595f8-1615-4a6e-862c-da399cdb1800//

Should look like

[media]
    path = /media/2ed595f8-1615-4a6e-862c-da399cdb1800//

Also the share media is sharing a whole disk, there might another folder there with media. Just delete the shares from samba and configure them again.

• HI yes sorry I removed the brackets because I thought it might interfere with the forum.

For my own piece I decided to start again, or at least I tried.

I deleted the shares from SMB and AFP and turned the services off. These are the only services I have running.

I then went the wrong way I think and wiped the two disks making up the raid. The raid is now gone but the media shared folder still exists and it says its in use. This is not so as the raid is now destroyed.

Is there anyway to get rid of that shared folder 'media'

• Is that share media marked as used in the share view?
    Did you reboot the box with deactivated services to make sure that nothing is active?

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a config file that holds web interface configurations at

/etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Shared folders and other entities have a unique id (uuid) inside the config, look for the media folder uuid and use that string to search inside the file to see what other place it repeats.

Like here, the string in red is the id. Look where the id is repeating inside the file to get the idea where is the shared folder being held from deleting

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!