plexmedia server loses configuration

• hi,
    I'm new in this forum, and a few weeks ago I started using this fantastic NAS.
    From a few days, however, the server loses plex configuration on every reboot: I have to reset the automatic scanning of the library, the profile used by the transcoder, at which time the server starts running in the background maintenance tasks...

how do I fix?

Thanks too much for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had some strange behaviors with automatic scanning (including the one you describe). I'm not sure, but I figured it has to do with the media drives being mounted after the plex daemon starts (thus it doesn't see the drives).. because if I SSH'd my server and manually restarted the plex daemon (service plexmediaserver restart).. everything was fine. I never really bothered looking into it to far, and simply disabled automatic scanning. If I add media, I simply log into the plex web interface and manually refresh.

Not ideal.. but it works well otherwise.

• i think plex is a beautifull media center. It's better than the other i've tried.
    I restarted my pc now and in this case has retained all the correct settings, while in the previous case the service was not started.. bhooo, i don't understand these strange behaviors.
    Since you're so kind, can you indicate what is the command line to start manually plex?
    thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

i think plex is a beautifull media center. It's better than the other i've tried.
    I restarted my pc now and in this case has retained all the correct settings, while in the previous case the service was not started.. bhooo, i don't understand these strange behaviors.
    Since you're so kind, can you indicate what is the command line to start manually plex?
    thanks

It was in my previous post... service plexmediaserver restart (you can also substitute "stop" to stop the service, or "start" to start the service after you've stopped it). Obviously if plex is already running, you'll have to stop it before you can start it (or simply run restart)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!