OMV freezes on bootup after DHCP discovery

• OK I upgraded my system via the dashboard to 1.7 the other day and today started to have some issues. So i checked and update 1.8 was out. I did the 1.8 update and the system got no better web page kept timing out and giving issues loading. So I then attempted to reboot the system that seems to be a bad mistake. Now the system freezes every time it tries to boot after getting the DHCP lease. If I unplug the network and reboot the system will try to get a lease then fail and give a message stating "No working leases in persistent database - sleeping" this does not seem to mater If I try and go in to recovery mode gets to the same place and freezes. Any ideas where to start trouble shooting this would be great.

Just as an FYI I did verify that the DHCP server is running correctly and everything is ok with it.

EDIT:

Ok I seem to have the system booting now I had to trick the system to boot to get it past the DHCP issue. Seems there was a problem because the only thing I changed was I removed the DNS servers that I had added to the web gui instead of letting the DHCP give the system the servers.

EDIT:2

OK so I thought everything was fine then started to get same issues in GUI Error pops up "An error has occured" if I click show details I get "Communication failed". So i went to the CLI of the box and did a omv-firstaid, reset network, IPv4 DHCP no IPv6 WOL yes. get the message "Configuring network interface. Please wait...". Then the next thing the console displays is

{"response':null,"error":{"code":7003,"message":"Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc:168\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('Network', 'setIface', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
    Failed to execute RPC (service=Network, method=setIface)

I have not done any configuration changes outside of the GUI for the system and have only done updates through the GUI (i'm not very good with linux/unix systems, more of a network systems guy) help would be great.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mjdano () aus folgendem Grund: Thought it was fixed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!