[Solved] OMV freezes after short time & can't acces samba folder

• Hello,
    today I've set up my new NAS with Openmediavault, but i got a few problems: the system is freezing after changing, short periods of time.
    First it starts normal, and then randomly freezes. When it freezes I get a no image via VGA and no connection via browser or ssh.
    I got OMV 1.0 with latest updates and upgrades (via apt today)
    Motherboard: Asrock c2750d41I
    RAM 8GB
    bootable medium: 64GB SSD
    datadisk: 1TB HDD

Anyone a solution?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you run memtest? Are you using the backports kernel? Have you checked the cpu temps?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm currently running memtest, but it's a brand new SSD used for 2 days.
    No I'm not using any backport kernels, I'm using the normal one from the site.
    CPU temp is normal, too.

EDIT: Memtest was negative, no errors
    I've tried a reinstall on a normal HDD and now it works, I'll try cloning the content of the HDD to the SSD and look if it works

• I couldn't test it with the SSD yet, but with the HDD it works, and now I got another problem now.
    First it takes very long to get into the WebGUI, even if OMV says it's reachable via browser.
    The second problem is, that with the samba set up like in every tutorial here or somewhere else, I see my folders on my windows device, but some are not reachable and others says that I've entered a wrong password, which is 100% right.

• Is the user the same one as the one on your Client? Then windows can't handle it if the password of the Client user missmatches the one for the user on the NAS.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Yes, I use ACL, but it is as I want it fot the folders. (I tried with privileges only but it didn't work)

The usernames are the same, but the passwords too. (you mean the windows user and passw compared with the user on the NAS, did you?)
    For the users I've created 4 new users via webgui and put them in the sambashare group. Then I set the privileged and the acl of the folders and added them to the smb service.

• So Permissions don't work and ACL don't work either. Could be another problem then?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Fresh install... Did you crosscheck with another PC?

Greetings
    David

• I´m pretty sure it is because of the ACL. Did you set it recursively?

Please give the following commands to the folder the user IS ABLE to access AND is NOT ABLE to access:

Code
    id -a
    stat /media/yourUUID/folderYouCanAccess
    stat /media/yourUUID/folderYouCanNOTAccess
  • The commands say That I should have acces when I'm in the user group (what I am), but windows still is saying that I have no acces

I noticed that the Folders I can acces with my user account give me instantly the error that I have not the permissions for the folder and the ones where I have to use andother user account display a access denied error after typing the correct username and password

• The commands say That I should have acces when I'm in the user group (what I am), but windows still is saying that I have no acces

The command output would've shown us some more bits then just that, but anyways.

Do you mind reinstalling from scratch and let me assist you on setting up the shares correctly? (There are also new ISOs out for installing latest version)

Greetings
    David

• As User I don't get output of the folder, becuase I have no right to do.
    As root the output is (where I should have acces:

Code
    root@NAS-vanBruegge:~# stat /media/be27e9ef-403e-4678-9762-fade43d22a34/Daten/Jan
      Datei: „/media/be27e9ef-403e-4678-9762-fade43d22a34/Daten/Jan“
      Größe: 4096           Blöcke: 16         EA Block: 4096   Verzeichnis
    Gerät: 801h/2049d       Inode: 55836674    Verknüpfungen: 10
    Zugriff: (2770/drwxrws---)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Zugriff    : 2015-01-11 18:04:00.324113910 +0100
    Modifiziert: 2014-12-31 22:35:59.897919776 +0100
    Geändert   : 2015-01-10 15:10:53.347956334 +0100
     Geburt    : -

I could set it up again, but if there is another way it would be better.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!