ERROR: cannot read the Linux header

• Hello everyone

I am having a issue with my NAS after a reboot do to I could no log-in to the web GUI or the file-sys over my network, I am now getting this errors: annot read the Linux header & you need to load the kernel first.

I am a bit of a n00b || how should I go about fixing this?

• Can you boot the second option in grub (failsafe or so)?

Also some infos about your system would be nice...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Can you boot the second option in grub (failsafe or so)?

Also some infos about your system would be nice...

Greetings
    David

Q: Can you boot the second option in grub (failsafe or so)?
    A: I try to boot into the second grub (recovery mode) but I stll get the same error message and some time it will just say "loading initial ramdisk ..." then it reboots after a min or two.
    (recovery mode)---> http://i.imgur.com/zgTpJi1.jpg
    (After boot into it)---> http://i.imgur.com/vDTHtYu.jpg

Q: Also some infos about your system would be nice.
    A: (Yes, yes sorry about that) Its a older box its running a Pentium D pox , mobo is A-BIT with hyper, 4GB of RAM , 2x2TB | 2x250GB and the OS is installed on a 3GB flash drive (I have a feeling the flash drive has passed away and this is why I am having this issue)

• Offizieller Beitrag

<p>

Q: Also some infos about your system would be nice.

A: (Yes, yes sorry about that) Its a older box its running a Pentium D pox , mobo is A-BIT with hyper, 4GB of RAM , 2x2TB | 2x250GB and the OS is installed on a 3GB flash drive (I have a feeling the flash drive has passed away and this is why I am having this issue)

Then why even post? It's right in the installation instructions that installing to a flash drive is neither advised or supported

• Thanks KM0201 for the un-needed post :) & at the time of making this post I didn't know that about flash drives seeing to as I moved from FreeNAS and NAS4Free to OMV and I just used my same setup, oh and I made this post just so if I needed some help and/or to bounce ideas of what could be the issue here..

Thanks WastlJ & Karle for the info. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!