Quota for NFS share?

• Hi,

I wish I could put limits on nfs share folder like this guy http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=159

I tried to add "volsizelimit:10000" without the quotes into the extra options on the share settings to limit quota for share but actually not work...

Please tell me if there is exist a way to limit nfs share folder(a command in terminal or something else), thanks

• In the post you provided above they are not discussing NFS. They are discussing AFP (apple filing protocol). It looks like Volker put in a field to specify share limits for the Netatalk plugin (AFP). People wanted this for use with Time Machine. If you are looking at this for Time Machine you need to install the netatalk plugin.

• Yes, I know they did this for afp, as I indicated in the title of this topic I need to do this for nfs shares. That's the reason why I wrote in the section nfs.

If you know any solution please tell me, thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

From what I can tell, it isn't as easy as AFP. Found two sites that may be helpful - Link #1 and Link #2

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• is it any way to limit an NFS share size now? (or only manual partitioning?) setting up some ip-cameras to 1 nfs nas (each to own folder, but everyone eats all hdd place)

• Maybe you should configure the IP Cameras to generate a new file once a day... then can delete old files with a bash script after X days.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Maybe you should configure the IP Cameras to generate a new file once a day... then can delete old files with a bash script after X days.

each ip-camera creates own file archive (in own folder) with an index of segments and events to exclude fragmentation. Size of archive is limited by share size. So if I delete some old files I will corrupt camera's database and recording will stop.
    if i have 5 cameras, which created their databases assuming what share size is 1 tb, after some time each will write ~200mb and storage will be full, but database will show to each what ~800 mb is empty...
    so i must to create 5 shares with hard limited size... (sorry for duplicated question - here is some ways to solve the problem)

• And if the size of the storage is limited they then restart overwriting like a normal camera would do?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

And if the size of the storage is limited they then restart overwriting like a normal camera would do?

Greetings
    David

no.. :( db says what huge amount of space is available, but really NFS declines to write to new files. Here is one of ways - to create DB for each camera with small HDD, and after move DB's to each folder on big HDD. Each camera's DB will think what it has only 200 gb and will automatically delete old files round-robin limiting DB size to 200 gb...

I've found the way - create for each camera a logical volume via LVM. For each vol - create a share, for each share - nfs share

thank you, davidh2k!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!