[HOWTO] PXE-Boot various systems

• Did somebody manage to get a windows iso zo pxe boot? I used that a couple of days ago to install a new ssd but I had to use a windows software on my desktop, cause my nas had to install the ssd. The main reason behind that is that many win8 isos are now bigger than a normal dvd can hold and i do not have a reliable usb stick atm with a size higher than 4gb.

I have to say, pxe booting the win8 iso from windows worked pretty good. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I never got it to work, look up wimboot.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't installed Windows with a cd or dvd in a long time because of this.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Of course, but I do not have a USB stick right now... ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• http://www.howtogeek.com/16207…with-pxelinux-v5-wimboot/
    But haven't tried it yet, because my Win7 is working and I need it only for some tasks like flashing my NeoX5 ...

• I have problems when booting. The process works fine until the "nfsmount" hangs complaining that "need a path".

I set up all like Solo suggested but can't find how to solve that.

Help will be appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Hi, little HowTo for Windows. My settings with FritzBox Router. Thx for help here in forum.

then download WinPE images from here and follow the instructions.
    http://www.synology-wiki.de/in…ws_7_.2F_8_.2F_8.1_.2F_10

dont forget to enable samba share permission or enable guest activated. (i had issues with the command net use, if not enable, cause win wont accept the user and pass)
    net use v: \\192.168.178.250\PXE\images\isos\windows7x64

greetz krabe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!