Deleted files need help urgently! thanks

• Hi guys,

just recently deleted some family photos by accident.
    been googling today and found photorec
    is it too late to install it now and try to restore the files?
    folder structure is still there, just deleted them accidentaly.

please help. Thanks

• I've just installed backup which photorec is part off, but when trying to run it, I got an error.

Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid=''])

Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid=''])' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1048
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->getPath(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getPath', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/backup.inc(358): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'getPath', Array, Array)
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceBackup->doRecover(NULL, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('doRecover', NULL, Array)
    #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Backup', 'doRecover', NULL, Array, 1)
    #8 {main}

• Ext3/4 Filesystem? Then you could also try extundelete (you'd need to grab systemrescuecd for that).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Its pretty straigt forward. When I tested it last time I didnt even need to specify "recover all" or similiar options. You just need to run it with the correct partition.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• i've been googling for commands and still a bit confused
    I know that I need to know the partition mount which is /dev/sda
    but other than that do i need to know which folder and the exact path of where the files were?
    also do i need to unmount it when booted into systemrescuecd?

• but other than that do i need to know which folder and the exact path of where the files were?

You don't need to specify the path to my knowledge if it is still in the journal.

also do i need to unmount it when booted into systemrescuecd?

No need to.

Greetings
    David

• Hi all,

I'm still having no luck with extundelete.
    basically, it's a RAID 1 where the files are, path on OMV was /media/[drive UUID]/foldera
    whenever I tried extundelete /dev/sdb1 --restore-all, this is what I get

NOTICE: Extended attributes are not restored.
    Loading filesystem metadata ... 22357 groups loaded.
    Loading journal descriptors ... 30705 descriptors loaded.
    extundelete: Input/output error while creating output directory.
    extundelete: Input/output error when trying to examine filesystem

if I tried using restore directory, was getting the same error.

I really need serious help, really appreciate if someone can help me out. cheers

• I tried restore all, and i got lots of these

Unable to restore inode 149161099 (file.149161099): Space has been reallocated.
    Unable to restore inode 149161104 (file.149161104): Space has been reallocated.
    Unable to restore inode 149161315 (file.149161315): Space has been reallocated.

and it didn't restore my missing photos.... :(

• I've been googling and found extundelete --restore-directory [path of missing folder] [/dev/sdb1]
    What I'm not sure about is the for the path of missing folder.
    should I be using the same path as found in OMV folder structure? which is /media/[UUID]/folderpath?

I tried the command and I'm getting this
    extundelete: Operation not permitted while restoring directory.
    extundelete: Operation not permitted when trying to examine filesystem

Please advise. Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

path of missing folder is optional. Change to the directory you want to restore the files TO and execute the command: extundelete --restore-all /dev/sdb1

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• path of missing folder is optional. Change to the directory you want to restore the files TO and execute the command: extundelete --restore-all /dev/sdb1

I did that and got these

Unable to restore inode 149161099 (file.149161099): Space has been reallocated.Unable to restore inode 149161104 (file.149161104): Space has been reallocated.Unable to restore inode 149161315 (file.149161315): Space has been reallocated.

• The fs layer is over a raid block device. The path should be /dev/md0 or /dev/md127

I probably should mentioned that I'm running extundelete by booting into systemrescuecd, not within OMV.
    So all I could see is /dev/sdb1 whilst I know that within OMV it is md127

Should I be running extundelete within OMV ? or on systemrescueCD?

• okay, thanks.
    I've done it with systemrescuecd and could on see /dev/sdb1 not md127
    and the error was the on that I mentioned above.

I tried photorec however and was able to md127 but couldn't find the missing files.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I insist. If you lost data from a raid1 the extundelete should be applied at the md device not the individual disk.

1) extundelete undeletes files only from ext4, if your filesystem was not ext4 then extundelete won't work for you
    2) Photorec recovers files by analizing data blocks and their signature for specific files. Names and directories get lost, so is a hell of a job afterwards. Also you need another disk to dump the contents from photorec. In this particular case I believe you can use the single device sdb1

• Hi Subzero,

Sure thing, I do agree that it needs to be done on the md device but again, i can't see it when I do blkid

root@sysresccd /mnt/windows % blkid
    /dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="4bd6103f-6c37-782a-f3d2-03511a8e5df7" UUID_SUB="37b5e46c-0bf8-6180-b555-3fe55f8f7b91" LABEL="openmediavault:DATA" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="Movies" UUID="6cb6db8d-9ee1-41a8-b5c9-e2862699e6a1" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="f05140f4-d0da-4b81-8a0b-2d2de7367396"
    /dev/sr0: UUID="2014-11-17-18-17-22-00" LABEL="sysrcd-4.4.1" TYPE="iso9660"
    /dev/sda: UUID="4bd6103f-6c37-782a-f3d2-03511a8e5df7" UUID_SUB="f13d1302-5b1a-6dd3-3a4e-e8107bdcd875" LABEL="openmediavault:DATA" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde1: UUID="425d4f1d-1fd2-4642-aebc-c5332ccc464e" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="0001afed-01"
    /dev/sde5: UUID="50ceae47-10e2-436c-9ec1-7453e5eafdb7" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="0001afed-05"
    /dev/sdf1: LABEL="BACKUP" UUID="BC6E6F426E6EF514" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="1f9547f7-01"

unless blkid doesn't list out md devices? sorry for my lack of experience in linux

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!