No WebGUI

• Hello, this problem just happened randomly, today. I went in through SSH and did a reboot, that didn't seem to work. Any help would be great! This is what I'm seeing when I try to access it. As you can see it tries to come up.. I just never get the fields to fill in. I don't know if this has anything to do with my sabnzbd cache being full with couchpotato and sickbeard, as I don't think I have it configured correctly and that seems to be causing a lot of issues. :cursing:

• Thank you for responding votdev! I have taken a screenshot, although I see no error. Something else I noticed that seems to be causing a lot of problems is that the system resources seem to be maxed out. I'm running this on an i5-2500k with 8GB of DDR3-1600 RAM. The OS drive is a 32 GB SSD.

Alert from mail:

Screenshot with no error:

• You're both correct. It looks like the OS drive is full.

KM0201, it's a 32 GB SanDisk ReadyCache.

Subzero79, I am at work right now, but I can VPN home, and it looks like that command did the trick.

Now, I think I know what I did to have my cache fill up so quickly. I'm going to try out a few things, tonight after work.

• I'm new to OMV. Installed it a few days ago, then yesterday I installed a bunch of plugins, booted up the system today and have a blank screen. I used FireBug to check for an error message in the GUI, but nothing. Checked the disk drive and yesterday I swear it was running a 100%, which I thought was odd. However, today it isn't anywhere near 100% (currently sitting at 3% full).

In /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log I see:

2015/01/06 07:50:40 [error] 2086#0: *23 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/htmlpage.inc on line 168" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:192.168.1.126, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "192.168.1.195"

Line 168 is:

// Append the additional Javascript files.
    foreach ($incList as $incListv) {
    print "<script type='application/javascript' src='{$incListv}'></script>\n";
    }

Hmm, the JS include files are missing? Could the cache files be missing?

root@openmediavault:/var/log/nginx# ls -atl /var/cache/openmediavault/cache*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 openmediavault openmediavault 0 Jan 5 14:06 /var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omvwebguilogin_js.json
    -rw-r--r-- 1 openmediavault openmediavault 9320 Jan 4 17:38 /var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omvwebgui_admin_js.json

As you can see, one of the cache files is empty. Happened Jan 5th at 2:06pm which was around the time the disk was at 100%. The drive is a 120G SSD and I don't have a clue how it filled up.

In any case, I removed the cache files with this command:

rm -fr /var/cache/openmediavault/cache*

Reloaded the GUI and now I can login. Wanted to document this in case others have the same problem.

First exposure to UNIX was a Slackware install from fifty eight 3.5" floppy disks created in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.2. I was surrounded by X-Windows, Motif GUI, NFS, distributed file systems, token-ring and I "upgraded" to Windows 3.1.

• PS - maybe if the cache file is 0 bytes, it should be ignored or re-cached?

First exposure to UNIX was a Slackware install from fifty eight 3.5" floppy disks created in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.2. I was surrounded by X-Windows, Motif GUI, NFS, distributed file systems, token-ring and I "upgraded" to Windows 3.1.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since there is a new release of OMV, try: omv-update

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Speaking of new releases, is it safe to update on a regular basis? Since October there were 20 "stable" releases.

I have a semi-important production environment that I'm converting to Proxmox+NAS from a virsh+local storage. While it doesn't run a hospital, I would like to avoid downtime. I'm evaluating nas4free, freenas, OMV, and a couple others. Comforting to see active users such as yourself and lively forum.

• Gracias, subzero79. Good point about core services, I suppose that I'm more concerned about impacting the drive array. Having said that, I suspect it too is largely effected by the underlying OS rather than OMV. I gain a considerable amount of comfort if I can get to the CLI.

I have to confess, I'm really liking OMV. Up next is NFS performance testing from Poxmox. I've had absolutely unacceptable performance issues with nas4free and NFS. Really curious too start testing with OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just so you know... the ReadyCache is not designed to be an OS drive, it is designed to be a cache drive. Search the forum, and you will find numerous threads of that drive dying within a matter of weeks when used as an OS drive.

• Just so you know... the ReadyCache is not designed to be an OS drive, it is designed to be a cache drive. Search the forum, and you will find numerous threads of that drive dying within a matter of weeks when used as an OS drive.

Yes, I have actually read those, but I'm not sure why people have had such bad luck with them. I manually perform trim on a regular basis. Trim actually is supported, as I found it on their forums:
    http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/S…in-ReadyCache/td-p/302757

"SanDisk ReadyCache drive doesn’t support Deterministic Read Zero after Trim (DZAT), it only supports Deterministic Trim (DRAT). When DRAT is set, all read commands to the LBA after a Trim shall return the same data, or become determinate. SanDisk ReadyCache drive returns the same data.
    Trimcheck tool expects to return zero after TRIM, which is applicable to DZAT, so this test result is not applicable for the ReadyCache SSD."

I've had it as the boot drive of Windows 8.1 on a Scrypt miner for several months before changing to the boot drive of OMV. I keep a regular backup of it just in via CloneZilla, though. Thank you for your help and the warning.

• Gracias, subzero79. Good point about core services, I suppose that I'm more concerned about impacting the drive array. Having said that, I suspect it too is largely effected by the underlying OS rather than OMV. I gain a considerable amount of comfort if I can get to the CLI.

I have to confess, I'm really liking OMV. Up next is NFS performance testing from Poxmox. I've had absolutely unacceptable performance issues with nas4free and NFS. Really curious too start testing with OMV.

OMV is fantastic! As is the support on the forums. One of the reasons I went with OMV was because everyone here just seemed "friendlier" for lack of a better term. I'm curious about how you would be implementing Proxmox.

• KM0201, it's a 32 GB SanDisk ReadyCache.

I have to agree with KM as I also finished a ReadyCache within about 2 months... I´m sure it will last longer with manually performing trim, but I´m pretty sure it is just a matter of time... A standard HDD or SSD would be so much better.

• Proxmox will run fine on a OpenMediaVault system, witht he exception that iscsi may not work with the custom kernel.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I have to agree with KM as I also finished a ReadyCache within about 2 months... I´m sure it will last longer with manually performing trim, but I´m pretty sure it is just a matter of time... A standard HDD or SSD would be so much better.

I do plan on a new SSD at some point. In the meantime, I need to make a new backup!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!