No WebGUI

• Proxmox will run fine on a OpenMediaVault system, witht he exception that iscsi may not work with the custom kernel.

Greetings
    David

Install Proxmox and OVM, bare metal, on the same physical box?

I've never considered a setup like that.

For this specific configuration I have have 3 physical servers, 2 are setup as Proxmox hypervisors and 1 is setup as a NAS. I'm slowly inching towards a High Availability setup with Proxmox and unfortunately I've spent an extraordinary amount of time debugging the slow write speeds with nas4free/ZFS/NFS.

I loved the idea of ZFS, but the incredible amount of time I've spent tracking down the write speed issue is more than ridiculous. That is what brought me to OMV. Oh, by the way, writes speeds over NFS with OMV are fantastic! Also, I had two 3T SATA-III drives managed under the LVM in OMV. My third drive arrived in the mail, plugged it in, and a few clicks later the filesystem was resizing to accommodate the new drive. Fantastic!

First exposure to UNIX was a Slackware install from fifty eight 3.5" floppy disks created in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.2. I was surrounded by X-Windows, Motif GUI, NFS, distributed file systems, token-ring and I "upgraded" to Windows 3.1.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RedneckBob ()

• Install Proxmox and OVM, bare metal, on the same physical box?

Considered to be a "taboo", but possible and 99% of the stuff should run. Except I'm not sure if you can compile all modules against the PVE Kernel.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I had a small typo in my post, I wanted to say that "I've never considered a setup like that" rather than "Never consider a setup like that". Just a slight difference in meaning :)

I tend to gravitate towards simplicity when configuring a NAS, so installing a additional applications on the same physical box or running the NAS operating system in a VM on a hypervisor or installing all the plug-ins, tends to cause me concern.

First exposure to UNIX was a Slackware install from fifty eight 3.5" floppy disks created in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.2. I was surrounded by X-Windows, Motif GUI, NFS, distributed file systems, token-ring and I "upgraded" to Windows 3.1.

• Just a slight difference in meaning

I understood it ;)

tends to cause me concern.

I wouldn't be concerned too much ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!