pm-suspend and wake up fails - system reboots

• Hi Guys,

I was able to configure the autoshutdown plugin for bringing my nas to sleep / hibernate.
    Due to my disk is getting full I'm receving mails from monit about disk usage.

And exactly these mails, I'm receving round about each 13 minutes. As soon as I received such mail, I'd login into my omv. The uptime shows , my NAS is running since 2 to 3 minutes.

How to find the source, which is responsible, why my nas will be turned on ?

• Hi,

it's a Realtek® 8111F, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
    driver: r8169
    version: 2.3LK-NAPI
    firmware-version: rtl8168f-1_0.0.4 03/27/12

I'm quite not sure, maybe it's tvheadend whichs is causing the issue.

Don't know, how to go ahead about finding the issue.

• Please install the backports-Kernel via omv-extras. Then test again. It is a driver issue, maybe

If this doesn't work, then please login via SSH/locally on your Server and execute
    pm-supend -a
    or
    pm-hibernate -a
    and see, if the error is happening again.

• what is the output of pm-is-supported --hibernate?
    and right after that:
    echo $?
    Thx

btw: How big is your swap-partition and how much RAM do you have?

• The output is just "0"

I have 16gig of RAM but I really do not know how to determine my size of swap.

Recently I tried to check the pm-suspend.log file but it hasn't beend touched since my issue is occuring (Monday 4th of May).

From my point of view the issue dependent due to the update of the kernel which has been released this week. Currently I'm on 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64. Have tried it as well with 3-2-0 Kernel but without success.

-----

swap:

root@NAS:~# swapon -s
    Filename Type Size Used Priority
    /dev/sda5 partition 2421756 0 -1
    ------------

meanwhile I have checked the systemlog:

PM: Hibernation image partition 8:5 present
    PM: looking for hibernation image
    PM: Image not found (code -22)
    PM: Hibernation image not present or could not be loaded.

• Hi guys,

since I experience the above mentioned problems, my NAS is resyncing each 5th or 6th reboot / startup. :(

Still do not know, how to fix my issue with pm-suspend and the missing wake on image.

Perhaps this is the issue :

ACPI Warning: SystemIO range 0x0000000000000540-0x000000000000054f conflicts with OpRegion 0x0000000000000500-0x0000000000000563 (\GPIO)
    ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use it instead of the native driver

Google just says, that the system doesn't support sleep states but how to fix this ?

• Hi,

you should have a closer look on the suspend resume process.

Is the image created? -> /var/log/syslog

Is the system configured to use your swap partition on resume? -> /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume should contain the uuid of your swap partition.

Knows the bootloader the location of your image? -> Add the kernel parameter resume=/dev/sda5 to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in /etc/default/grub and update the grub configuration.

• Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help :)

I was just about to set up my whole OMV up from scratch.

As well I have checked the syslog but it seems if the image has not been created. The SWAP partition is within the resume entry and grub has been updated too.

As soon as I start the system again, my RAID is resyncing, this is also annoying.

• Syslog says the system would like to resume from /dev/sda5 but the image could not be found. How to proceed with investigating the issue?

Meanwhile I was able to solve my issue. The dvb s2 usb tuner could not be unloaded properly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!