Failed to mount: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error

• Yesterday the power of my house went down. And when I started the OVM server I'm running on Vmware ESXI 5.5. I'm getting this message when I try to mount my drive under 'File Systems'.

Failed to mount '9cf4fb22-55c7-4eaa-94c7-a9a88aaaae59': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so

Error
    #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount
    '9cf4fb22-55c7-4eaa-94c7-a9a88aaaae59': mount: wrong fs type, bad
    option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so
    ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:893
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array,
    Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125):
    call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79):
    OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount',
    Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

================================================================================
    = OS/Debian information
    ================================================================================
    Distributor ID: debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
    Release: 7.7
    Codename: wheezy

= OpenMediaVault information
    Release: 1.9
    Codename: Kralizec

= Locale
    en_US.UTF-8

= System information
    Linux zios007-OMV 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.63-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any help please? right now I'm loosing all my data because I was just copying everything to the server and I don't have a copy yet....
    How can I fix this?

• I'm running the command you gave me. Let see what happens. I'm crossing fingers.

What format would you recommend for my shared network drive with OMV? Ext4 instead of jfs? I just did it with jfs because I was reading online that they are pretty stable. But... now I experienced that they aren't haha.

I hope I can recover all my data.

If that command does not work? what would be another suggestion to recover my data? Could I plug it to a Linux distro and read it to recover the data?

I believe the plugin you mentioned will work if I can mount the HDD isn't?

I do have other HDD that I can use as backup. I had the intention of having something to backup but didn't get to that point. The accident happened before I could finish moving all my data. But I'll loose a lot if I cannot recover it :(

• You know what!?

You saved my life!!!! It worked! Now that it works. Should I copy everything to another drive and change the format of my HDD? or I'll be ok with jfs?

I'm doing the plugin thing right now! :)

Thx! Thx! Thx!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!