[SOLVED] No access to Web GUI when ethernet's MTU is set to 9000

• Hello,

I have a problem (allready had on older version - 0.5- of OMV) with versions 1.8 et 1.9 of OMV:

When i set the MTU to 9000, i can't connect anymore myself to webGUI, but no problem with SSH behalve when the system must etablish a internet connection (fe: omv-update)
    No more problems when i reset MTU to 1500 in interfaces file (through SSH).

For information: MTU 9000 worked fine until the installation of OMV 1.7

Any ideas for resolve the problem ?

Thanks

Thomas

EDIT: sorry, i should have post this thread in Network section X/

• Hmm, I set my MTU to 6000 and the GUI does appear.

Did you check the the log files for nginx? They are located in /var/log/nginx and I'd check error.log first, then maybe poke around in access.log and openmediavault-webgui_access.log. Also, run dmesg from the command line and look for anything related to the MTU.

From my /etc/network/interfaces file:
    # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    iface lo inet6 loopback

# eth0 network interface
    auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    post-up /sbin/ifconfig $IFACE mtu 6000
    iface eth0 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev eth0

I did make the change via the GUI:

First exposure to UNIX was a Slackware install from fifty eight 3.5" floppy disks created in a RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.2. I was surrounded by X-Windows, Motif GUI, NFS, distributed file systems, token-ring and I "upgraded" to Windows 3.1.

• Hi,

does your client support Jumbo-Frames?
    Normally the MTU is negotiated by path-mtu-discovery so this should normally not be the problem.
    For the same reason I think OMVs has no probs with the internet connectivity.
    To check the lower layers you can ping the server from the client and vice versa with ascending Frame sizes and set the "don't fragment bit" and see what happens.

In windows for example
    ping a.b.c.d -l 5000 -f

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!