Where can I change the IP address for my NAS

• OMV 1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In the web interface:

IP Address: System -> Network -> Interfaces
      https: System -> General Settings -> Web Administration
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Gateway = router address

Don't forget to set dns servers. That should be your router address as well.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • The IP address will not end in 0 (zero). I don't know what your router IP address is. You should be able to tell if you set the system back to dhcp.

A DNS server is how your system turns a domain name into an ip address. You won't be able to update the system if you don't set a DNS server.

• openalf wrote:

Why should I set DNS servers, what are they useful for?

Just don't set them. You will see what they are usefull for then...

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • On a connected Windows client, press Windowsbutton+R, enter cmd - then type ipconfig and look for the standard gateway. Thats your router.

Here is an example:

Method = static
      Address = 192.168.1.211 (Don't pick an adress which is already taken by another device in your network)
      Netmask: 255.255.255.0
      Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (router adress)
      OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
      ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black
    • And thats how you gonna end up with no internet connection ;)

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

The post was edited 1 time, last by davidh2k ().

• No Woman no Cry. No DNS no hostname resolution.

Greetings
      David

• Nyctophilia wrote:

Oh. I thought that I was telling something wrong in my post :P

Not wrong but not right either. You missed the DNS Server...

Greetings
      David