ownCloud does not start (OMV 1.9)

• Hi there!

I was using OMV 0.5 and set up ownCloud on there (never really used it, but I installed and configured it using the web gui).
    When I tried to update to OMV 1.0, it failed because of ownCloud. Thanks to the posts here I figured out how to get rid of ownCloud and finaly was able to successfully update OMV. Now I am using 1.9 and just installed ownCloud again.

Here is what I did back then:

Now I have the following problem:
    When I try to enable the service using the OMV web gui, it just says "An error has occured". The enable check stays, but when I try to disable -> same thing.
    The configured portnumber is 8443 (which is not open). When I go to http://mynas/owncloud it forwards me to https://mynas (which does not work as port 443 is not open).
    I guess /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-owncloud should be a link to /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-owncloud. But neither of them does exist. Which package should bring the file in the available folder?

I tried to remove owncloud and reinstall it (using the gui and bash). -> does not help

Is there more trace somewhere, to find out why "An error has occured"?

Cheers,
    Robert

• The ownCloud plugin in OMV 1.x is improved and setup for nginx instead of Apache. This is why it is not working. I suggest you unistall the .5 plugin via:

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-owncloud

Give me a package list command. You might have to uninstall some more of the .5 plugins:

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

• The purge fails:

Here is the package list:

Code
    root@nas:/var/log/nginx# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault 
    ii  openmediavault                     1.9                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    pc  openmediavault-owncloud            1.3                           all          OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
  • Code
    root@nas:~# dpkg -P openmediavault-owncloud
    (Reading database ... 45827 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-owncloud (--purge):
     subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-owncloud
  • Try this, it may reinstall and then uninstall it again.

dpkg --configure -a

You show the ownCloud plugin for OMV 1 installed above. Anyway, try to get a clean uninstall and then install plugin via the plugin sections again if you want it.

• Not even force-all works :(. I love debian.

Code
    root@nas:~# dpkg --purge --force-all openmediavault-owncloud
    (Reading database ... 45827 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-owncloud (--purge):
     subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-owncloud
  • Here is what I did:
    I removed all entries for the ownclowd packages from /var/lib/dpkg/status.

Then I reinstalled the package using the web gui -> same thing again.

• Did another purge afterwards, which worked this time. Installed it again using the web gui. The error message on the gui was the same as before, but port 8443 is open now. Connected to it and it told me, that it was not able to write to the config directory. Did a: root@nas:~# chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/owncloud
    And now it works. Thank you!

• I was busy.... Yeah, dpkg errors are fun aren't they? You get used to them and learn tricks. Glad you got it fixed.

In the Guides section of forum there is an ownCloud Guide if you decide to upgrade to OC 7. If you do make sure you do it on a day you are not busy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!