collectd errors

• For some reason recently syslog is getting quite clogged with....

Code
    collectd[4068]: Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status -1.
    rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd, [1421188065:7727468544.000000], 1) failed with status -1.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here all of a sudden?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't have a data drive plugged in, I'm guessing?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Data drive plugged in? Squeeze/OMV is installed on an internal SATA drive. There's a USB drive plugged in that I use that in case debian doesn't wanna' boot, or if I need to flash firmware(s)/BIOS etc... Not sure what you're asking of me here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll be able to tell from the output in your other thread.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:
    omv-mkconf collectd
    service collectd restart

• no change after those commands. the only way i can get those errors to stop is to comment out the df section in collectd.conf

this of course breaks rrd collection for the disk space display in the web UI. i must do this after some upgrades which probably run those commands as well, otherwise my logs become quite big in a hurry.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: cat /etc/collectd/collectd.conf

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have at least one line in there like:

MountPoint "/media/ceb4e5a5-df2b-48db-9dab-570bb875f216"

I assume the output of: cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | awk '/<mntent>/,/<\/mntent>/' is still the same as the other thread?

• Zitat

You have at least one line in there like:

? No. There's no lines in there like that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't mount your raid array in the omv web interface, did you? That is the only way filesystems (disk or array) get added to mntent which is where the collectd list is generated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is normal behavior with no data data disks mounted via the OMV web interface (empty mntent section) due to a bug in Wheezy's df command. Volker worked on this quite a bit a few months back and couldn't come up with a workaround. It really didn't seem like that big of an issue because most people don't run a NAS without storage and you can't use the OS drive for storage. Even plugging a usb stick in and mounting it in the web interface would fix it. I realize you have storage but you need the mntent entry to add an entry to the collectd config to stop the error.

• Zitat

It really didn't seem like that big of an issue because most people don't run a NAS without storage and you can't use the OS drive for storage.

I guess I am in the minority using OMV as a SAN rather than a NAS. I think my only other option instead of a USB stick, would be to ensure that the "df" section in collectd.conf stays commented out even after upgrades. Different strokes; different folks. Thanks for your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could repartition the OS drive to include a additional, very small partition that you mount in the web interface.

Just out of curiosity, why are you using OMV? If you don't mount anything in the web interface, you can't create a shared folder. If you can't create a shared folder, you pretty much can't use any of the plugins.

• The only plugins that I use are lvm2 and iscsitarget. Probably the only one's that don't need it.

I use the RAID section in the UI to create a md device. I use the LVM section to create a VG/LV on the md. I then use the iSCSi section to serve out the LV over iSCSI. I do not use any of the NAS capabilities at all.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Couldn't you make an additional very small lv (1gb) and create/mount a filesystem on it? That is all you would have to do.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!