openmediavault-domoticz plugin (TESTING v1.0.1)

• Hello Sergio, I installed your plugin and it seems to work smooth. I only added some weather services and my home thermostat (Toon) through a web api, this is a product from a Dutch energy company. At this moment, I think in basic that Domoticz is a good alternative for a Fibaro HC2, but i still have some doubts. I'm in the phase that i need to decide to start with Domoticz and z-wave (and buy a USB z-wave stick) or go for Fibaro HC2.

The main concern I have, is about the user interface and availability from iOS apps. Not for me, but for my family I need an user friendly interface and easy access to all functions. I did try the Pilot app on the iPhone, but it doesn't connect. I keep getting cannot connect to server. I did try with the ip address from my OMV box with port 8077, the Domoticz web interface port. What could be wrong?

Another thing is, my OMV box is at the 1st floor in a small storage room. I bought 3 Greenwave Powernodes (with 6 outlets) and this is what i want to start with. What should be the range with a z-wave usb stick, any experiences? Shoud it make it through one floor and a wall?

It is to difficult, 550 euro for a HC2 is about 500 euro more than a USB stick, but it needs to run smooth and with an user friendly interface.

Please give me some advise.

I also did try to update Domoticz to a latest release, but i am not sure how i can arrrange this, do i need to do a new install with a compile? Are there some steps i can follow? As far as i understand i need to update openzwave first, and after this Domoticz. How can i do this?

Sorry for my noob questions.

Regards,
    Roland

• Dear Rolands,

Unfortunately I can't advise you on implementing in your house one system over another. I only have experience with Domoticz, and very limited, compared to other guys in the Domoticz forums. Also I'm not a big fan of Apple products.
    I recommend you registering on Domoticz forums and posting your questions there.

Z-Wave works on a mesh network. the stick communicates to the first device and then this device expands the net to the following one. So very large range can be acquired with this. The stick itself it's so cheap, but the devices, being something more smart, are more expensive comparing to RFX ones, for example.

As for the version upgrade, that's something I've still have pending. I should be generating packages for the new versions, but unfortunately I don't have any time. Supposedly I had holidays the last week, but on the very first day, they phoned me and they where cancelled.

• Hi domo-fans.

Has anyone been lucky to update Domoticz to the latest stable?
    I´ve tried it via the previous way to update and also with the one described in the Domoticz wiki. However this didn´t work.
    Since Domoticz changed to git I can´t update.

If there is anyone that did an update, please let me know how.

• Dear friend. Since some changes been done to openmediavault plugin system and domoticz itself, I left the maintenance of this package aside.
    I really encourage you to try using the docker plugin and install the official domoticz container.
    By this you get a self updating installation and solves some of the coms issues we had.
    Just remember to backup your database on your previous installation and import it on the container.
    Take a look at the container configuration paying special attention to the config folder mapping (I directly mapped my old one) and ports redirection, so you get the same server access.

Good luck.

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

• Hi Sergio, can I install / run domoticz on omv 2.x with the same method as described?
    And do I get the latest domoticz version then, or do I have to update it somehow?

---------------------------------------------
    My HP T610 thin client NAS
    My Thin Client single drive NAS build
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I'm from the Netherlands, excuse me for bad english
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi to all!

I'm pretty new to OMV and a total newbie on domotic:
    I've read the whole forum, but i maybe have missed the answer to my question wich is:

I've installed OMV on an HP N36L Microserver: if i buy the Aeon USB Zwave adapter: will i be able to run domoticz with it plugged in on an USB port?

Thanks in advance for your help!

UPDATE:

It does work: Added some zwave modules: everything works perfectly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo, kann mit vielleicht jemand sagen wie diese Version Updatete?
    Über Web-If von Domoticz zeigt er mir das es keine Updates verfügbar sind.

es ist 2.... drauf und aktuell ist schon die 3.... online.

Google translate doesn't help me understand what you are asking? I did create a new plugin for domoticz. It doesn't use anything from the old plugin since I didn't know where the code was located. I also created a debian package for domoticz instead of having the plugin download a zip file.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin I wrote only works on OMV 3.x.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are not using the plugin I wrote since it would not work on OMV 2.x. The OMV 2.x plugin has not been updated in a long time and it downloaded the domoticz from the author's github account which is not being updated. All I can suggest is to install OMV 3.x if you need this plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I installed the plugin for 3.0. but what is the port to the web gui?

8077. I still need to add notes to the plugin.

• Getting aroung this domotictz plugin: I enjoy it: you relly did an amazing job and i'm very gratefull!

May i report a bug? if it's one as i'm not used to Domoticz:

I can't add a virtual switch: virtual Hardware is not listed.

OMV 3 is beta and not stable! It had tried, but then SMB has not worked with me, I have changed back to 2!

OFFTOPIC:
    Hey, i had this problem aswell: while running OMV 2.0: update to 3.0 with the command line in SSH:
    be sure to uninstall any non-comaptible add-ons, disable as much services as you can, then, update your system.
    (i did it on a clean install)

Once it's done updating:
    SSH "omv-release-upgrade"Enjoy:-)

PS: it seems to be due to a network problem as i wasn't able to ping hostname on a 3.X fresh install

• Offizieller Beitrag

May i report a bug? if it's one as i'm not used to Domoticz:

I can't add a virtual switch: virtual Hardware is not listed.

I actually don't know anything about Domoticz.

• I actually don't know anything about Domoticz.

Wasn't a bug:

To create virtual device: create a new Dummy hardware then using the function, create a new virtual sensor:
    protip: seems domoticz don't like if you change de kind of virtual sensor in the switch tab: p.ex: switch to selecto switch:

instead: delete unwanted hardware and add the new correct one.

• Hey guys!
    First of all: Thanks ryecoaaron! You did a great job - the domoticz plugin works perfectly for months!

I manage several instances of domoticz on raspberrys and debian-servers, the plugin is the fastest way to integrate domoticz on a OMV-Server. Perfect. :thumbup:

But now there is a little problem. Since the last Domoticz-Stable-Update from 3.5877 to 3.8153 (released 30.07.17) Domoticz works without problems again. But it's not recognized by OMV or/and the systemd correctly. There's a red indicator in dashboard. And the service is inactive:

Code
    root@1234:~# service domoticz status
    ● domoticz.service - Domoticz Home Automation
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/domoticz.service; enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead) since Mi 2017-08-02 12:59:07 CEST; 1h 20min ago
     Main PID: 3503 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 02 12:59:07 OMV-Server-Worlitschek systemd[1]: Started Domoticz Home Automation.
    Aug 02 12:59:07 OMV-Server-Worlitschek domoticz[3503]: Domoticz is starting up....
    Aug 02 12:59:07 OMV-Server-Worlitschek domoticz[3504]: Domoticz running...

So... this is a problem... i use(d) an backup-script, which stops domoticz (service domoticz stop), copy and zip the whole domoticz-folder, and starts domoticz again... But now domoticz doesn't stop, so i'm afraid to copy espacially the database-file when there is eventually written on. :/

Best regards from Bavaria,
    bewo

PS: If my english is not perfect - I've tried in my best way. 8|

(System: OMV 3.0.86; OMV-extras 3.4.26; 4.9-bpo-Kernel)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!