Kodi (formerly XBMC) for OMV - test phase

• Sorry Wetter, it seems that this code has brocken my system. After i shut it down he had never reloaded... So i've reinstalled the system.
    I've perhaps found a solution by using Plex on OMV, my smart TV could theoricly boot on it.

For information il only followed aoprea75 tutorial by copying and pasting each command by linking them with "&&".

Furthermore i don't think my computer would be enough powerfull to support all the server services and tv control at the same time.

• Hi all.

I have been trying to install kodi for a while but there seems to be an issue with my graphics drivers...

Code
    xinit kodi 
    modprobe: FATAL: Module fglrx not found.(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:1) found 
    modprobe: FATAL: Module fglrx not found.
    [glesx] __glESXExtensionInit: No GL ES2.0 capable screen found!The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports: 
    > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but

Thing is, i´m fairly green on linux terminals, i have blurry notions of the way things work but far from able to troubleshoot driver issues.

So here is some potentially useful context if it may help:
    Then tried to just use the apt tool from GUI to install kodi, but i guess i didn´t have any X-server or something as GUI couldn´t be created.
    Then found the outdated tutorial to install kodi, no success
    Removed the kodi folder, used the krypton link provided in this thread and followed the new guide (kodi 17+omv3)
    Seemed to work, make worked and everything, but the fglrx drivers don´t seem to work, don´t know why. I re-passed every steps of the ATI drivers instalation process, it seemed to be all well and installed.

Could anyone explain to me what happened here?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Let me preface by saying I love Kodi.. Been using it a few years and even after setting up Emby and really liking it.. I still found myself going back to Kodi. I guess I'm trying to figure out why anyone would go to such great lengths to do this. There is a TV box (that you can install Kodi on pretty easily) for virtually any budget.

Fire Stick, about $40

Various Android TV boxes.. Easy to find in the $70 range

Nvidia shield -- $180

So why go to the hassle (and potential pitfalls) of installing directly on to your NAS?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!